she really needs you right now-L.H

I knew this day was coming but I didn't know it would come so soon. My boyfriend of three years, Luke, had just left for Jersey to play in the NHL with his brother Quinn and Jack. It was his dream, and I was happy for him, but at the same time, I was devastated. I was still in Michigan, finishing up college, and I couldn't go with him. It felt like a part of me had been ripped away.

For the first few days, I tried to keep myself busy with schoolwork, but every time I thought about Luke, I would start crying. I missed him so much, and I didn't know how to cope with being apart from him for such a long time. It felt like we had been together forever, and now, suddenly, we were in different states.

One day, I got a knock on my dorm door, Nolan and Keato, showed up at my dorm. They could tell that I was doing badly, and they were worried about me. I didn't want to burden them with my problems, but they insisted on staying and talking to me.

As we talked, I started to feel a little better. They were both such good listeners, and it felt good to get everything off my chest. We talked about Luke and how much I missed him, and they tried to cheer me up by telling me funny stories and making me laugh.

After a while, Nolan pulled out his phone and called Luke. I could hear him talking on the other end of the line, and I felt my heart racing. What would he say? Would he be upset that Nolan had called him out of the blue?

"Hey, man. Listen, I'm with your girl right now, and she's bad. Like, really bad, dude."

There was a pause, and then Nolan continued, "Yeah, she's been crying for days. I think she really needs you right now."

I could hear Luke's voice on the other end of the line, muffled but clear. "Shit, okay. Fuck, umm. put me on speaker" Luke spoke to which Nolan did as Luke told him to "Baby, if you need me, I'll get on a flight in a heartbeat."

I couldn't believe it. Luke was willing to drop everything and fly back to Michigan just to be with me. I felt a wave of emotion wash over me, and I started crying again.

Nolan and Keato hugged me, and we sat together in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the moment. I felt so lucky to have such good friends

A few hours later, Luke called me again. "Hey, baby, I just booked a flight back to Michigan. I'll be there in a few hours."

I couldn't believe it. He was really coming back to be with me. I felt a mixture of happiness and guilt. I didn't want him to give up his dreams just to be with me, but at the same time, I couldn't bear the thought of being without him.

When Luke finally arrived, I ran to him and threw my arms around him. He hugged me tightly, and I felt like everything was going to be okay.