9: Meeting the village leader

Start from the beginning

"good, my father is downstairs opening up so if you wanted to sneak some breakfast, just head down when you're..." She leant back and gestured to his, well...current state of dress "...decent"

At that she just bade them a rather curt farewell and spun on her heel and walked to the other doors and started to knock on those ones too. Leaving Error briefly standing alone in the open doorway his face feeling hot with embarrassment.

After a moment and her back was to him he eased the door shut, careful not to slam it or break it with his strength. The moment it was closed he turned, not looking to the curious kids who had stopped their play to watch what he was doing. Error hurried for where he laid out his sweater from last night and picked it up. He patted the sweater down to find it was still a little damp, but it was dry enough to not dislodge the work he had done with his ribs.

Not that he cared much as he hastily pulled it over his skull and eased into it and reached for his scarf laid nearby.

These were also the only clothes he owned, so he couldn't afford to be picky at the moment after that embarrassing interaction he walked himself into. He doesn't think he would ever be able to look the owner's daughter in the eye after that..So clearly it was time to go, preferably very quickly.

As he tightened the scarf around his neck a little voice got his attention.

"Who was that?" Nolan asked rather curious who that was and why his new parent seemed so odd around them.

"er...sh3's 0ne 0f th3 pe0ple wh0 l3t us sle3p her3...but it's tim3 f0r us t0 he4d 0ut n0w, c0me 0n"

In a attempt to calm himself he focuses on patting the kids down, straightening their clothes that had grown crumpled and messy as they had slept in them. The next big task on his mind, find someplace to settle down so they don't have to stay at a inn forever.

But that was a task that would have to be done after the kids get to eat something, the woman he didn't catch the name off mentioned breakfast. And now that he realized that these kids needed to eat, he didn't want to make that mistake again and they starve under his care.

Error had almost made it to the door with the kids in tow when he remembered something. The bucket. Leaving the confused kids by the door he sped walked to the bucket still filled with dark murky water and debated how to dispose of it...thinking for a moment he tested his magic to find it's responding a little stronger than the day before, strong enough for him to open a little portal and tip the bloody water out. Where it went he didn't really care as he zipped it shut and pushed the empty bucket back into the corner and jogged back to the curious kids watching him and he took their hands in his "l3t's g0"

Heading out onto the opening he led the kids down the same steps they had climbed up last night and re-entered the tavern. It was far more active and bustling with energy than it was last night as people sat and ate and chatted away amongst themselves. only a couple heads turned as they entered and smiled and waved at them before going back to their conversation.

Error realized that now he's down here...what does he do now? and the trio ended up just standing there awkwardly for a while until a familiar face came into view. With that dusty blond hair and dark eyes it could be no one else other than the owner, Arthur if he remembered correctly. In his hands he held a plate of food and a cup in the other.

"Ah so you finally made your way down here eh? Joan said you'd be down" He turned briefly to put down a plate of food at a table though no one was sitting there, before he turned back to him and gestured to the empty seat. "come sit, some of the guys pitched in for a meal for ya, got another plate coming in a bit"