Chapter Thirty

Magsimula sa umpisa

Ginny and Colin were almost in tears just from the fact Luna wasn't having to leave for the express too, or rather because they were and she was spending the holidays with Harry. Neither Harry nor Hermione wanted to think about what state these two would be in if they thought this was the last time they would see their hero/crush.

Petunia and Dudley were actually accompanying the rest of the students out of the main doors, though not boarding the train. After clearing the wards, they would be taking the Dobby express back to Privet Drive. Dudley would need to phone Amanda, trying to explain why he dropped off the face of the planet for a few days, while Petuinia would need to discuss the Dursleys temporarily moving into Grimmauld Place with Vernon.

Sirius then led the three Grangers, Harry, Remus, Susan and Luna to the headmistress' office where they would floo to Grimmauld.

-oOoOo-

When Harry had confessed to having the nightmare where Voldemort returned, and Cedric Diggory had been murdered, Amelia had asked him for a copy of that memory from the future. She'd hoped to one day be in a position to deal with these bastards as they deserved but never expected that day to come so soon.

With Voldemort himself naming Crabbe, Goyle, Nott and Avery in that memory from the future, Amelia had a definite starting point. Her aurors had dragged their stunned carcasses out of their beds, all four raids taking place simultaneously at two in the morning. Any family present was also arrested and brought into the ministry, though more to stop the news of these arrests getting out before the four death eaters could be questioned under truth serum. This resulted in her aurors pulling off another set of raids around five a.m.

One of the names that kept getting mentioned disgusted Amelia, hence why she was standing outside a rather bleak looking house on the edge of the Yorkshire Moors. Cornelius giving her carte blanche to deal with this problem allowed Amelia to unleash her aurors on the real enemies of their country, the death eaters. She also agreed with Sirius and Harry's actions of increasing the bounty on Snape's head, freeing those same aurors to get on with the far more important job they were currently carrying out.

It was with a deep sense of pride in her aurors that Amelia watched them blast their way into the death eater's house. Knowing their target lived alone, and the number of times he had been confirmed as a death eater, meant there was no ambiguity here - or holding back. That their target was also a respected ministerial worker was what sickened her the most. With followers of this madman at the very heart of their government, and restrictions placed on what aurors could do in what effectively had been combat situations, was it any wonder they almost lost the last time.

With the all clear given by the lead auror, Amelia entered the house to find a bound and bleeding Walden Macnair lying on his own floor. He was more angry than afraid, and used Amelia as a lightning rod for that anger.

"Bones, you're finished at the ministry..."

"Shove it up your arse, Macnair. You have no idea how many of your death eater colleagues tried to feed me the same shit. Once we got some truth serum into them however, they were soon singing a different tune. Quite a few of those death eaters mentioned your name as being a fellow death eater, while under truth serum too. Here's how your Sunday is now gonna play out. You have a date with a ministry cell, and a pressing appointment for a veritaserum interrogation. By the time I'm ready to sit down and eat dinner with my family tonight, your sorry arse will be sentenced to spend the rest of your life in Azkaban. Now, tell me again how I'm finished?"

Macnair was left speechless. A nod from Amelia saw two of her aurors activate their portkey and take the prisoner away to the cell she'd promised him. It was only moments later however one of her aurors searching the property called for her to witness something that left Amelia glad she hadn't eaten anything in ages. The young auror throwing up on the carpet wasn't so lucky, nor would anyone who saw this ever blame him.