"It would have hurt her leg if I hadn't caught it

"It would have hurt her leg if I hadn't caught it." Ara spoke calmly as if her hand wasn't burned at all.

"So, you grabbed it with your bare hand?!"

"You've forbidden me to use magic." Ara said and Lucas sighed running his hand through his short hair as he noticed Jeanette reluctantly leaving, if it weren't for Ara then he would have killed Jeanette and Anastacius ages ago.

Jeanette was escorted out by a maid while Lucas healed Ara's hand.

Jeanette sat in the garden on a bench with Viscount Patterson telling him about the incident. She'd started speaking to him more often and sharing her feelings with him. She found him gentle and kind and approachable which was why she easily trusted him.

"You must have been disappointed." He said.

"You were sent away like that. Even though you were just as worried about Her Highness."

Jeanette looked at him, "It's... fine..."

"But, I was wondering where Her Highness felt discomfort

"But, I was wondering where Her Highness felt discomfort. I was worried... They don't know that I'm family so, it can't be helped, but..."

They couldn't just let anyone know about Ara's condition and that's what hurt Jeanette because she came into that 'just anyone' category.

"Why don't you tell them the truth?" Patterson spoke up, "Try telling them that you're the family."

"Uh..."

"What's wrong?"

"The truth is... Not that long ago I had asked Her Highness Amara how she would feel if I were her sister..."

"And, what did she say?"

Jeanette smiled, "She must've thought I looked sad while asking that, so she patted my head saying that she'll... rip the head of whoever that made my smile disappear."

Jeanette touched her head as she recalled that while Patterson observed her with a cold expression.

"Wouldn't she have said that thinking that it'll make you feel good?" Patterson spoke making her look at him.