[3.4] I Feel at Ease When I'm With You

Word Count: 5613 words.

◇◇◇

Other than the constant stress and confusion regarding Sirius Black, your third year was nothing as dramatic as early years. This time around you spend more time with your Hufflepuffs boys, either to mess around or panic together, forgetting about that one potion essay due tomorrow. 

Elizabeth is terribly busy due to her second and third book preparation, the only time you get to meet her was when you sneak out for a mid-night meal once in a while. Hermione is as busy as Lizzie with her overlapping schedules, going to Hogsmeade was the first time you get to hang out with her outside of class. 

Hermione told you all about her days and drama starting from Buckbeak, Scabbers and Crookshanks. She told you about Ron being Ron as well, but she soon stopped realizing that she's been rambling non-stop about her problems. Hand in hand with you in the Hogsmeade entrance, she looks up to you and apologized. 

"Sorry, I'm rambling, haven't I?" Hermione was shy the more she realizes, but you softly chuckle and shakes your head instead. 

"No need to apologize, Mione. Ranting is better than to keep it to yourself, so rant away with me. I'm practically pro at listening due to Lizzie, you know? So relax." You told her with a smile you can't contain, but she pouted and scoffed. 

"I don't want to bore you." Hermione nudge as she embraces you closer, seeking warmth. "I want you to rant to me as well, (Y/N). It's obvious you have your own problems." 

"Aye, I guess you know me better than I expected." You felt heat in your cheeks as Hermione circles her hand around yours. You felt her warmth and it sent you to utter ease. "I'm worried about Harry, I fear that if he were to get caught in another problem, I couldn't save him this time." You were honest. 

"What if I'm not good enough? It plays on and on, that fear." Fog was in your breath as you exhale through your mouth. 

"Harry have us, not just you (Y/N)." Hermione pat you twice on your left cheek. Her hand was covered with a thick glove, but the gesture still felt wholesome. "So enough with fear, tell me about your days." She insisted. 

"I'm nowhere as bright as you are though. In fact, I almost fail my latest potion essay because I forgot about it. I ended up writing in so much hurry it was a mess." You didn't know how she did it, but you were able to feel like such a boy in an instant, telling her about your days as both of you stroll through the magical village hand in hand. 

Both of you visited Hogsmeade post office, admiring all owls and their specific color based on their travel time. Next destination was Dervish and Banges where you insist on buying Hermione a new leather bag for her piles of books she had for every day. You then spoiled her with a silver chain of books and otters charms (note: you forgot her birthday, that's why you insist). She was about to deny your gift but soon fell in love with the silver charms. 

A quick travel later on, you bought yourself some sweets in Honeydukes. Buying yourself some toffee, saltwater taffy and some Honeydukes best chocolates was one of your must buy sweets. You buy a bit of everything for Harry and Lizzie, you packed the goodies and have Dionysus to send them. Hermione was also buying something for herself, she ended up asking you for some recommendations to which you obliged. Both of you end the evening with a quick drink in the Three Broomsticks. The butterbeer there was no joke as you indulge yourself a little, you were flustered when Hermione laugh at your cream mustache. Overall, your first trip to Hogsmeade was a success, and you were please to know that Hermione loves her trip with you. 

But it was time to go back to Hogwarts, you bid your goodbye to Hermione as you head back with your Hufflepuff friends whilst she's back with some other Gryffindor. Josh and Justin tease you regarding Hermione, but with a quick scoff you told them she's your very best friend. The teases would continue, but you paid no mind to it as Halloween Feast is soon approaching.