"What the hell Connor? Why did you decide to go out with that girl if you knew she was taken?!"

He looked shocked for a moment then turned away from me; he looked out of the window and didn't say a word, his cute little mouth pulled down in a frown that could have been misinterpreted as a pout.

"Connor man...one of these days I’m not going to be there to back you up and then what? you and i both know you’d mess up and hurt one of the humans real bad"

He didn't turn from the window and he still didn't say a word. God he frustrated me!

I whacked the steering wheel and he jumped but still stayed silent, with my head on the steering wheel I sighed...I hated arguing with him, and i knew he hated it as well, but he just didn’t give me a choice sometimes.

"Did you have sex with her?"

The thought just occurred to me and to be honest I already knew the answer, although i prayed i was wrong.

"Of course"

His voice was unrepentant, no guilt or remorse, he didn't care that he had just torn another piece of my soul away or that some poor guy still didn't know that his girl had slept with someone else.

"Can we go now?"

His head twisted in my direction and he looked at me with an almost bored expression on his face. Its like he wanted me to hate him.

I snapped

"What the hell is your problem?! Do you enjoy ruining people’s lives?!"

Again he looked shocked but it was quickly replaced with anger

"I ruin people’s lives?! You make my life a living hell everyday!!"

His mouth snapped shut and his eyes widened, my head slowly lifted from the steering wheel as i stared into his eyes. I made his life a living hell? Me? He knew how I felt about him and yet he continuously went with girls whenever he could, I knew he liked me more than a brother his heart told me that...did he love me more than that? I didn't know.....but I was fed up waiting for him to come through and kiss me back...no.....he made MY life a living hell.

I didn't say any of this, just sat and stared at him. He was still as stone and the darkness in the car descended around us like a cloak. It was silent. No cars passed, and not one word was said, we just sat in silence staring at each other...I broke it

"Do you love me Connor?"

He sighed and sat back in his seat closing his eyes

"Course I love you bro"

I laughed softly. He always called me bro when I got personal. Like it would make me stop in my pursuit of him.

"No Connor, do you love me?"

His eyes opened slightly but he didn't look at me. I could see the glow of his wolf in the car. He was getting annoyed with me, and that was never a good thing, connor had one hell of a temper.

"I love you like any brother would love his brother Kyle, that's it"

I turned in my seat quickly and grabbed his neck forcing him to look at me. The car was suddenly lit up with a golden shine so bright passers by would know something was strange.

His golden eyes met mine and the flash of gold burned brighter than ever.

"Do you love ME?!"

His glowing eyes flashed to my lips and then back up to my eyes so fast I thought I had imagined it. He didn't say anything for a second and then he shook his head slowly, the gold in his eyes retreated but his heart thumped so loud that even he knew I could hear it. He shut his eyes tightly, like he was trying to block out the loud beating.

"No Kyle, I don’t love you"

I grabbed the hair at the base of his neck and pulled him close to me. My lips brushed his neck but he didn't shiver like I wanted him to. I licked the shell of his ear but he didn't gasp like I wanted him to. I bit his shoulder and he didn't moan like I wanted him to, but his heart beat sped up to a speed I thought would kill him.

"Liar"

His eyes snapped open just as my lips descended on his. His mouth had been partially open when our lips connected and it was the first time in a long time that I felt his warmth. My tongue delved deep and massaged his until his responded slowly, searchingly, hesitantly. After a couple more seconds he moved his body, but not away from me, he moved into me, he had finally responded and his arms creeped up to grab my waist and pull me closer. It was heaven and the sparks that bounced between us were almost pleasantly painful.

We kissed for what felt like hours and when we finally had to pull away for air our lips were swollen and bruised and we were both breathing heavily. I was hard as rock and it was painful to move but when I looked down my wolf almost howled with happiness. I saw the bulge in his trousers and as I looked up I saw the lust in his eyes....then it started to fade as he read the situation and came crashing back to earth. I knew what was coming, it was the same as when we were little, he would freak out, i knew he would.

"Fuck"

His broken whisper tore at my heart, he looked so lost, I put my hand up to touch his face but he flinched back and grabbed the door handle opening it and jumping out.

"Con, get back in the car!"

I tried undoing my seat belt as he turned and ran into the surrounding trees that lead to the deeper part of the woods. We used to go there all the time when our wolves needed to run, we knew the woods like the back of our paws.

My seat belt was jammed and no matter how I pulled at it, it didn't move, in the end I just tore it apart, just in time to see his body ripple and turn into glossy black fur. Then he ran faster than I could shift and I knew the only time I would see him was later on at dinner with mom and dad. So I got back into the car and drove home silently. A lump in my throat and a hole where my heart should have been. Connor took it with him when he ran...no Connor TORE it from me when he ran.