026 // SKIRTS CAN BE MANLY TOO

Start from the beginning

"A ninja never reveals his secrets. You should be grateful I didn't have my kunai pointed to your neck." Cyno jumped off Kaveh's back while spinning the prop kunai around his finger. Or at least, you hoped it was a fake.

Another figure slinked out of Kaveh's room, their face hidden behind their hand. But it was easy to identify who the unknown person was just by looking at the top of the pullover mask. Poor Tighnari. I guess Cyno wasn't kidding about his text later last night.

"Alhaitham, you're not going to participate?" You turned to look at him.

He slowly turned back to look at you, his death glare remaining. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because he's a party pooper (Y/N)." Dehya's voice entered the kitchen, nearly knocking over Alhaitham as she slid across the floor. If the chess pieces were made of lighter material, the pawn in his hand would've snapped at how hard he gripped it.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to slide across this kitchen floor?"

"Oh, what are you? My dad or something?"

"A party pooper according to you. It's such a silly word."

"We could call you a buzzkill."

"That's white noise. Kaveh says it all the time."

The walls shook once more, snatching your attention. Cyno stood outside Kaveh's door, tapping on the wooden frame with his kunai. Candace had one of the kunai, spinning it around on her finger. The other three had settled in the living room, occupying the couch. Yet the sound didn't faze the sleeping Layla one bit.

But there was one thing that did bother you.

Mona nudged your side, making you turn back around to the small group you put yourself in. Your eyes drifted to look at Alhaitham, quickly glancing down at the chessboard when you made eye contact with him.

Is it because we're dating now that I can't look at him when he's looking at me? But all the other times before when we were together, it wasn't like this.

The roaming thoughts in your head stole your focus as you tried to understand why you were feeling like this. Your actions didn't go unnoticed by the grey-haired male, his eyebrow twitching slightly at how you refused to look at him. Only Dehya had picked up on this, a sly smirk creeping on her face.

Mona nearly fell off her chair as the brown-haired girl gripped her wrist, pulling the losing girl out of her chair and to the living room. "Don't mind us. We're just gonna go disturb Layla now!"

You watched as your safe heavens left you alone with your boyfriend. The atmosphere became more tense for you, keeping your eyes looking everywhere except at him. Tingles of anxiety nipped at your fingertips, watching as the grey-haired male occupied the empty seat beside you. He moved the chair closer to you, beads of nervous sweat forming at the top of your forehead. A relieved sigh filled the tense air, making you steal a look from Alhaitham.

"She was digging her own grave anyways. In two more moves, the game was going to be over." Alhaitham's words slid through the blaring noise coming from the living room. He propped his elbow up on the island and rested the side of his face on his knuckles.

You nodded subtly, inhaling a deep breath. Come on, this isn't a time to be nervous. What are we, in kindergarten?

"This is a spacious apartment. Almost better than mine." An arrow slammed into your head, your eyes wavering at what you just said.

"It was either this one or a two-floor apartment. With Kaveh's funny shenanigans, I chose this one. Even though he complained about my choice for a week." His fingers danced along the marble. If Alhaitham didn't move his seat closer to you, it would have been hard to make out his words.