"How romantic!" He squealed. "Will you follow me?" He gestured for me to stand as we walked towards a table covered in a black cloth. I anxiously attempted to glance beneath it but was defeated as he satirically pulled me away.

"Let me ask the audience a question. Is six months enough time to sign the papers?" He asked, and the audience roared as he grabbed the cloth and unveiled a table with papers on it and two pens. "Can I hear a cheer for Alexander Mendes, everybody?"

I watched as my fiancée entered the platform, dressed in a pale suit, as he waved to the audience, yet I was growing paler by the second. He walked towards me, his fingers holding my waist as I attempted to smile, yet instant regret for accepting the invitation seeped through my blood. "Alexander? Will you take Anastasia Valentine to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Of course I do!" He rested his head on mine, as I realised. I cannot marry this man.

"And Anastasia, do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked, and my face was bright red as he spoke.

On live TV, cameras followed my every move as I rubbed the back of my neck to answer his question, and the audience gasped at the wait time as I tried not to suffocate from the pressure. "I..." I gulped as I felt immediate regret. "I do."

My body fell into my fiancée's control as he swooped me down into a kiss. "Then sign the papers."

"Surely this can't count; isn't there supposed to be a witness, and this is supposed to be done in court?" I think... We don't even have a prenup set out!" I panicked, my voice frantic, as I attempted to get out of the situation.

"We have all of those things! If you truly want to marry this man, then sign the papers, and you will be married! Mr. and Mrs. Mendes!" My eyes darted towards my fiancée as he signed the papers, his eyes barely scanning the document as he just swerved the pen between his fingers. "Anastasia, will you sign?"

A black ballpoint pen, the same type of pen that had signed agreements and started and ended wars, could've been used to write a love letter or a birthday card to commemorate the start and end of life. Now the pen that was going to decide my future.

"I can't," I admitted while staring into his eyes, the same eyes that had tricked and deceived me.

"Anastasia, it's a joke; it's for a show." He attempted to convince me, yet my mind was made up as his face grew more concerned. "We'll have the ceremony at the end of the year; this is just for legal purposes."

"I can't marry you."

"Anastasia," and with his words, I had flown out of the set in a paced run. Attempting to conceal the tears that were slipping from my eyes. With each step, my heart pounded against my ribs, like the emotions swirling inside me.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"I can't marry you!" I cried, watching as he angrily pulled his hand through his hair. The weight of my words hung heavily in the air, raw emotions filling the room. "Not now; it's too early!"

He took a deep breath before he spoke, collecting his thoughts. "You didn't seem to be that displeased about marrying me when I handed you that quarter of a million euros ring! You seemed to be pretty happy!"

"Things change," I declared in a lie; things hadn't changed. I was in love with Neymar when I said yes, and I'm still in love with him when I say no. "Things have changed."

"What's changed?" He asked. "Enlighten me!" He leaned against the doorframe, obviously trying to forget the embarrassing experience we had endured.

"I don't know—"

"I know! I know that you kissed him when you were at the hospital, and you talked during the charity event. I saw the messages when Messi left PSG about how you hid your phone." He yelled, and I showed a guilty expression. "You might think I'm terrible. I cheat and I lie, but why do you think I do all that? Who did it first?"

"I'm sorry." I pleaded, and he turned away from me with an eye roll. "I dated him on and off for ten years! I can't forget that." I sobbed, attempting to get closer to him but being brushed off.

"I loved you, Anastasia; I've loved you since I've known you, and yeah, I made mistakes. We both made mistakes, but I signed the papers because I figured one day he wouldn't be in the picture!" He grieved our relationship, and I finally realised we were the villains in each other's stories. "You'll love him forever, won't you?"

I nodded a nod, which managed to collect the past ten years and put them into a movement. The passion, the fire, the rage, the hatred, and most importantly, the love I felt for him

"There's a reason guys who fall for you never get over you." He confessed, his saddened eyes staring into mine. "We're too worried if you're going to fall in love with another man to think about if you're really worth it."

"Excuse me?" I challenged. "You slept with your ex-wife while I simply texted mine. You have no privilege to make me a villain when you're equally terrible. You knew I was texting Ney, and you proposed. I'm not responsible for your mistakes, and you're not responsible for mine!"

He scoffed at my statement before leaving the room, taking my engagement ring along with him, and as he stomped away and his footsteps sounded further, I knew that I had lost another one. But I didn't care because the man I truly wanted was in another country, and now all I had to do was get him.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

A/N: I had to break them up. I know they've been dating for like two chapters but honestly, it was two chapters too long!