"It's her", she shouts to the others.

Skye fiddles with the gun as Alex runs up beside her. He was going to make her move so he could drive but the van is already heading for them again and there's no time.

"Safety off", Skye mumbles to herself but the magazine falls out the gun and onto her lap. "Bang?" She says worriedly as the van is right there.

Alex quickly grabs the gun and picks up the magazine before expertly putting it back in and aiming it. He got out one shot before the new car was slamming into them and pushing the van off the road and onto its side.

May stand on the bus, holding onto the railing as she watches the team walk back in carrying all their stuff with solemn faces. Well, all except Ward who mostly looks annoyed.

"Sir, Amador attacked you and your people. Whatever regard you hold for her isn't reciprocated", Ward tells Coulson once they're back inside. "She just kicked us in the teeth".

"How's the team?" He asks whilst ignoring everything else Ward just said.

"Rattled, no broken bones. Not even Alex. We're lucky she just knocked the van over so she could get away. Probably take a while for our folks to refocus".

Skye had been listening from the doorway and speaks up.

"I think I can recover the data signature of that encrypted broadcast. I don't understand it yet, but that's how she was watching us. Give me an hour. Maybe we can start watching back".

***
Fitz-Simmons and Alex stand behind Skye as she tries to get the feedback. Ward, Coulson, and May walk in behind them.

"Something's wrong. It's the same feed that was watching us in the van. Uh, put it on the big monitor", Skye says.

"Maybe the lens broke when the van rammed us", Simmons suggested.

"I hope she broke more than that".

They pull up the feed and at first it's nothing but a misted screen. Until a hand appears and wipes away the condensation from a mirror to reveal Amador.

"It's a mirror", says Coulson. "Are we recording this?"

"Uh... We are now".

"How are we seeing this? Where's the camera?" Coulson asks as he steps closer.

The camera looks down to see a set of screwdrivers. The woman picks one up and everyone can see as she holds her eye open in the mirror and brings the screwdriver up until the view is blocked by her hand.

Everyone has different faces of shock and Fitz squirms a little, looking away and tensing his fists.

"It's her eye, she's the camera", May says astonished and completely unaffected.

The view on the screen changes to blue again and they can see the outline of Amador's head. In one of the eye sockets it looks like a whole contraction is in there. Metal circling the eye and small parts moving.

"It switches to backscatter when she closes her eyes", Fitz says.

"You're a robot, can you do that?" Skye turns to Ward who ignores her.

"Who has tech like this?" He asks Fitz.

"We don't", he says. "Not like this, that's small and internal. That's at least a decade ahead of anything I've seen. Though now that I've seen it I could maybe approximate it".

He starts rambling about science again, no one understanding a word he's saying except Simmons who nods along, apparently agreeing with everything he's saying.

The chronicles of Alex Hua and the agents of shield book oneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें