"That demon..." Lucas started again, "it must have noticed that Athelinda's memories were triggered that's why before she could find a way to break the curse, it decided to take her soul. It came because it knew she was capable of defeating it and she did, but this curse remained because the black magic was broken since the beginning."

"Wh-Why was it broken?" Athanasia asked.

"His half-assed will! If it would have been complete then he would have killed you two when you were born."

Lucas fell silent again as he struggled to keep his tears back. He hadn't ever cried in his life, he wouldn't even know why someone would cry because of someone else. He had found it confusing when his Master was depressed after losing the family that he'd created ignoring the longevity of his life but now irony was for himself. He was crying over a dying girl... The same one whose death had made him embrace the two centuries long slumber.

"Y-You said, Ara was a really accomplished Mage in past life and you two were so close friends then... Why didn't you try to save her back then?" Athanasia spoke.

"Because I had no idea of how much she meant to me." He confessed.

Lucas could still remember the day very well when she had came to his Tower with an intention of convincing him to take her brother as his apprentice or beating him up into doing so.

Lucas chuckled bitterly, "She was just 14 and had come to me for her brother's sake."

He started telling the story... the story which only he and Athelinda knew.

***

It was 200 years ago, after Lucas had rejected the son of Kyllin, he was so bored that he was just thinking if he should just go to sleep.

Everyone and everything was just so boring that he couldn't find any reason to stay awake.

He was about to go forth with his plan when he heard a commotion at the base of the Tower. He looked over to see who it was that dared to disturb him and when he did he saw a blonde haired child.

He wondered if it was the brat he'd rejected but then again, he knew his mana extremely weak while this child's mana seemed too much, not to mention he could see the mana beast right beside that child.

She was trying to break in, Lucas thought of getting rid of them but then just stepped back ignoring them. She would just keep throwing a tantrum and then return after getting nothing.

Least did he expect that the child would teleport right behind him and smack on his head.

It was the first time in his life that someone had dared to hit him, he whirled around and glared at the child who glared back at him. It was a girl, her jeweled eyes were blazing with anger and mana, she was quite lean but the mana flow in her body was exponentially explosive not to mention the mana beast who was beside her. It was a tiger cub, something which he had never seen.

"Are you that arrogant stuck-up bitch who refused to teach my brother?" She demanded and Lucas tilted his head to one side still glaring at her.

"To think I'll have to smack this beautiful face, ugh... Guess, I have no choice." She muttered and Lucas' eyebrows jumped.

She swung her sword and he leaned back, she didn't stop at that as she swung her leg in a high-kick and he stepped back again. She was low on patience as she came at him with more attacks but all he did was dodge them while watching her mana being all over the place.

"Who's your brother?" He asked, despite knowing the answer, her jeweled eyes were the answer. She was the sister of the pathetic prince.

"Athernitas!" She answered as she swung her sword aiming for his face and he gripped her wrist and pulled her close to observe her. She was tall but she seemed like she wouldn't be older than 14 or 15.