43. Pinky Promise.

Start from the beginning

"W-Will you visit me like this in future as well, Princess?" I leaned my head back.

"Maybe."

She smiled, "Please make sure to visit me, Princess. It'll make me really happy."

"I'll have to sneak out everytime then." I admitted and she giggled.

"And you'll have to keep it a secret from everyone."

"Th-Then, I'll promise you that I'll keep it a secret." She said as she came up to me with her pinky finger out.

"What is this?"

"Pinky promise." She said and I looked at her finger.

Pinky promise? Would she get her pinky chopped off if she broke her promise? Was that what this was?

"What's that?"

"Y-You don't know what's a pinky promise?" I looked at her for a moment.

"No,"

"I'll tell you," she said as she held my hand in her and brought out my pinky finger.

"You lock it around mine and hence the promise is made."

I looked as how she locked her pinky with mine, her finger was a litte smaller compared to mine and quite soft.

"Is that it?" I asked and she nodded.

"Hm, that's quite easy."

"So, this will be Your Highness' first pinky promise." She said suddenly sounding excited and I looked at my pinky.

"Well, yes." She smiled widely.

This child's smile was quite bright, just like Athanasia's, if possible I'd like to take this child's suffering away too.

I stifled a yawn and she looked at me with slight concern.

"Have you not been sleeping well?" She asked and I ran a hand through my hair.

"My headaches barely let me sleep."

"I-If it doesn't offend you then, you can sleep here for a while. I'll be very quiet and I'll look after you till you're here." She offered and I observed her genuine expression before leaning close to her.

She blinked leaning back.

"Your eyes," she gasped and she placed her hands on her eyes.

"Wha-What about them?"

I didn't say anything as Athanasia hadn't told me what to do about it, it was obvious everytime that this child was wearing something to hide her jeweled eyes. I could easily take her mana which gave her the jeweled eyes but that would be as good as snatching her identity from her.

"Nothing," I said as I lied down.

"I'll take you up for your offer then."

She smiled as she saw me relaxing and within no time I fell asleep.

I left after I woke up and found the palace in chaos once I returned.