43. Pinky Promise.

Start from the beginning

"Th-Thank you, Princess."

I stayed by her place as she gave me a book to read while she watched me, it wasn't quite uncomfortable, rather it felt as if Athanasia was sitting in my office watching me work.

"Do you like staring at me that much?" I asked with a smile and she flinched, her cheeks going red as she looked away.

"N-No, that's not it..." I chuckled.

"Athanasia often says I am quite good-looking and that I have taken that trait from father... I believe it's an exaggeration."

"I-It's not." She spoke and looked at me clenching her fists before her, "Y-You're really beautiful, Your Highness."

This made me laugh and she kept staring at me with lips pursed and eyes determined.

"M-May I ask you something?" She spoke and I nodded.

"Go ahead."

"Y-You used to address Princess Athanasia as Athy, after that incident have you been calling Her Highness with her full name?" She asked and I was slightly taken aback.

"I... used to call her, Athy?" I mumbled and she nodded.

"Y-You even showered her with praises and smiled at her like she was your most favourite person in this world and if there was even a little bit of sadness on her face then... y-you would make a scary face until she smiled to calm you down." She explained and I contemplated over that.

I was mostly doing that even now, somehow watching that child getting sad or unhappy made me feel really angry, enough angry for me to want to kill someone. And her smile would usually calm me down even now.

"I... I guess my behaviour hasn't changed that much." I mused.

"Maybe I should just start calling her Athy again, it'll make her happy."

The child brightened up and I placed my hand on her head patting it gently.

"Thanks for this piece of information, child." She giggled as I said that.

"I-In reality, I'm a year older than Your Highness." She said and I tilted my head to one side.

For the physical form child, I'm way older than you in reality.

"Still, you seem like a child to me so I'll keep calling you that." I said making her giggle again.

She fell quiet for a while before asking me something.