Banquet/Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Ahri: "The food? Drinks? Meeting new people? Coming with the four coolest people in the building?"

Ughhhh. I was going to play nice... Why did she try to force an answer like that?!

Y/N: "Probably the food. It'll be nice to have someone else make me dinner."

She puffed out her cheeks to show her discontent, crossing her arms while she was at it.

Ahri: "I don't understand why you're treating us like this. Maybe, if you would just talk to us, we could-"

She was stopped by the opening of the limo door.

Limo Driver: "We have arrived, Ms. Ahri."

Saved by the bell, again.

Y/N: "If you really want, we can discuss it later. For now, let's get this over with."

She looked unsatisfied but exited the vehicle anyway, the rest of us following closely behind.

As I exited the limo, I was met with the largest mansion I had ever laid eyes on. To even call this a house would be ridiculous. If I hadn't previously known, I would have assumed it was a hotel or something similar.

Evelynn: "Close your mouth. It's not that great."

I listened to her advice, stopping my dropped jaw from remaining open, but I couldn't get behind what she was saying.

Y/N: "Are we looking at the same thing?"

I looked at the demon and then back to the massive structure with awe.

Evelynn: "Tch. You're too easily impressed. We could have something like this if we wanted to."

Y/N: "Uh huh. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

I walked past her down the gravel driveway with an impossible amount of supercars and limos surrounding a large marble fountain carved into sculptures of angels and demons in a majestic battle. It spit water in all directions creating a brilliant dance of H2O that never allowed me to take my eyes off it as I walked past.

If this is just the driveway, what does the inside look like?

I envisioned the grand halls of the "house" that looked closer to a cathedral, excitement building in my stomach as we approached the main entrance.

When we arrived, a man and woman awaited us wearing tight black suits and earpieces that extruded from their ears.

Security Guard: "I'll have to pat you down before you enter."

I nodded in agreement, understanding that security must be tight for such an event. Obviously, security couldn't be full proof as many people had weapons embedded into their bodies, such as Evelynn's lashers or Ahri's magic, but I'm sure that they had security protocols inside the building for things like that.

Security Guard: "You're good to go."

I nodded in thanks as I walked past them alongside Ahri, who was patted down by the woman officer first. We had to wait a few moments as the one woman had to pat down all four idols, but it was relatively quick, and we approached the table that was dead ahead.

Fortunately, I was able to admire the inside of the building as I waited for my employers to finish. Every surface was made from pure marble, with all the gold accents. Actual, solid gold, or at least a mix so that it was hard enough to withstand force from external objects. The amount of money put into this house was astonishing.

When I say accents, I basically mean everything that wasn't a flat surface. The handrails for the dual stairs that ran up both walls to whatever was above, the trim of every wall, outlines of windows, doorknobs, and more. To top it all off, in the center of the entrance was a massive gold statue that depicted a menacing-looking woman, my assumption being Reneta.