𝐢. summer house.

Start from the beginning

"ok, ok we get it you've been working out" steven says to him.

"oh, you're just jealous because jere has a better body than you" belly says, looking at steven smiling.

then stevens says, "uh, no actually, it's all about the lean look now, otherwise you can't wear tailored suits" while glancing at me.

"tailored suits" conrad says, mocking steven.

i feel my arm getting touched by belly before looking over to see her smirking and glancing between me and steven. i guess she noticed him looking at me after making his remark about tailored suits too.

"oh, belly and bella, i almost forgot. i have a surprise for you guys" mom says, before getting up.

she comes back in the room with envelopes and hands one to each me and belly.

laurel then laughs all of the sudden before saying "so, this is why you had to stop by the country club"

mom sits back down and then i start to open my envelope.

"what, uh, wh-wh-what is that?' i hear steven say from across the table.

"i wrangled the girls invitations to be debutantes" mom says with a big smile.

after a minute of discussing what a debutante ball is, i say "yeah i'll do it mom."

she looks up at me and smiles before saying "belly, will you?"

belly looks up and says, "yeah, i'll think about it."

"she'll think about it" mom says, while looking at laurel.

----------

a while after dinner, the boys had gone to a beach bonfire, and of course me and belly weren't invited, so we were just sitting in her room together. belly had told the moms that she was tired so she didn't feel like watching our movie for movie night, so they told her it was ok, and that we could do it another time.

"bella, i have a question" belly says to me.

"yeah" i say back.

"why do you like my brother?" she asks.

i could tell she was being genuinely honest and not making fun of me, so i say "i don't really know. it's just a feeling that's there. i mean he's super cute, and adorable. but he's also nice to me."

"i think he honestly might like you back b. i mean he's always looking at you. like we've only been here for one day, but all he's done the entire time is stare at you" she says to me.

i could feel my chest flutter at the fact that belly said all he's done is stare at me.

"ok, bells this is totally off topic, but you know what i think we should do."

"what?" belly says back.

"i think we should go to the bonfire. we should get all cutie and get in the eye line of conrad and steven" i say to her.

"for real? you think we should?" she asks.

"yeah, i honestly think we should"

"okk" she says excitedly, before we get up to get ready.

after about 30 minutes of getting ready, we decided on outfits. belly's wearing a pink dress that her friend taylor is making her wear. and i'm wearing a cropped black tank top, with jean shorts, an off white colored jacket, and my birkenstocks.

"ok belly. are you ready?" i ask looking at her.

"yep" she says back, smiling.