she nodded. "haven't been so sure of something in my life."

his lips curved into a proud smile. 

"but, i do have something to ask beforehand." her voice lowered. "is it possible for me to transfer schools?"

"i can work on that for you but what about your friends that you have here?"

she laughed. "my three friends that come to see me at my house pretty often? i can see them after school."

jaehyung's lips fell into a flat line. "i don't feel like you should be the one moving away from your friends when he's the issue. i don't think it's fair."

"well unless you can remove him from that school then i don't think so. please, i don't want to see him every day."

"i'll look at school's nearby and work on the transfer as soon as i get to office today." he peered at his watch. "speaking of which, i'm going to be late if i don't leave now." he grabbed his bag, kissed her forehead and was out the door. 

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

she was due to transfer in the following week. now, she just had to explain to myunghee, dongmin and kiya why she was transferring - easy, no? in addition, the other guys would also be curious to know about her sudden transfer after food poisoning. especially jaemin who she thought definitely knew of something he wasn't saying. 

hyerin went to school one day during the week and met the three friends outside and went for boba. she saw the six guys from the corner of her eye and especially donghyuck was staring but before they could come over, the four of them left. 

hyerin was with them for three whole hours after school and not in any of those 180 minutes did she tell them. she told them she was being transferred, of course, but not the real reason and instead said she was transferring because her uncle got a pay rise and he wanted to enrol her into a better school. 

yet a few more days passed and hyerin was set to start in her new school in three days. last night she'd received the news that junmin had been made aware of the charges against him and all of a sudden her anxiety was heightened. he knew where she lived so he could easily come see her, she didn't know if she was safe walking outside alone because he could be stalking her so she was confined to her home. 

in the afternoon, she received a knock at the door and after peering down at the door from her bedroom window, she was surprised to see it was donghyuck. 

"what are you-"

"what are you pressing charges against junmin for?" he questioned her with tension in his voice.

"how did you find out about that?" she closed the door behind him since he'd helped himself inside. 

"does it matter?

"yes, it does."

he relaxed his tone a little, noticing himself starting to get angry. "i overheard him talking about it during lunch but i didn't quite hear it well. he was pissed the whole day he even flipped a chair in the dining hall."

her heart rate increased. "is that what you came her for? couldn't you have done this over text? or called me?"

"can you drop the cold bitch act, hyerin? it's not a good defence mechanism."

"as if you have any good ones. why are you here? why does it concern you?"

he looked at her with softened, but yet still cold, eyes. "because i want to know if it's really about what i think it is."

"what do you think it's about?" at this point, she just wanted to avoid saying it herself at all costs. 

"i want to hear it from you."

she locked her jaw. "it's none of your business."

"hyerin."

"you haven't cared about my existence for the last two years and now all of a sudden you're interested. i'm sorry but you're two years too late. you should've been there when i went to tell you instead of jumping- diving into conclusions."

"and i'm sorry!"

"that doesn't do anything!" she screamed. "it doesn't do anything anymore," she spoke, calmer. "because when i really needed you, you'd turned your back."

"what do you want me to do?" he yelped.

"there is nothing you can do!"

in a softer tone, he said, "what did he do to you?"

she crossed her arms. "that's nothing to do with you."

"hyerin, please." he was begging her. all that was left was for him to get on his knees. 

"shut up, donghyuck."

"hyerin."

"drop it. and get out of my house."

he stood his ground. "i'm not leaving until you tell me."

"get OUT!" she yelled. 

"no!" he shouted. 

she was growing increasingly more frustrated and of course that caused her to start shaking with anger. 

hyerin pushed him in the direction of the front door. "i don't want to see you. i don't want to speak to you again. i was always willing to reconcile and have you back as my friend donghyuck but at one point i had enough of your shit and you realised that too late. i wasn't going to wait around for you to see things clearly and to change your mind forever so i'm sorry but you're too little too late."

he released himself from her grip. "what are you pressing charges against junmin for?"

he wasn't giving up. 

"i've already said i'm not telling you."

"what are you pressing charges against junmin for?" he repeated. 

"donghyuck, please."

"hyerin," his voice lowered. "what are you pressing charges against junmin for?"

she buried her head in her hands. 

"hyerin-"

"for sexual assault!" she yelled. "he assaulted me two years ago at the party we all went to that night. are you happy now?"

his stomach was turning. deep down he knew it would be something like this but he didn't want to believe it because it would make him an even more horrible human being. 

angry tears were cascading down her cheeks. "you should leave. please get out."

and he did without any more words.  

<3

i have in fact updated before 3 months thats crazy! anyways, hope you enjoyed (?) the climax.