33

༊*·˚ fools

"do you still ice skate?" sangwon questioned her over the main meal.

"yes, pretty often. i actually have a competition coming up," hyerin explained.

that got the attention of all three of the lee siblings. especially donghyuck who stopped mid-meal to look at her.

"when?!" chani exclaimed.

"saturday next week."

"i'm going to need all the details so i can be there to support you," she added.

"and me, too." sangwon smiled.

donghyuck stayed silent and continued to eat his food without question. chani glanced at him but he was too preoccupied staring elsewhere to notice. by now, hyerin was used to it so it didn't bother her but a part of her still wished he showed at least some sort of interest in her figure skating like he used to.

regardless, hyerin shook it off and continued to eat her main while chatting to the two out of three lee siblings. when dessert came, donghyuck excused himself to go to the bathroom leaving the two with hyerin.

"what happened between you two?" sangwon whispered, leaning closer to her.

"whenever we ask him, he doesn't respond with a proper answer. either changes the subject or disregards the question," chani added.

hyerin's lips fell into a flat line. "i don't know. i honestly don't."

"during that time you guys fell apart he was really angry. like you couldn't even speak to him without a door slam or something," chani recalled.

after that comment, donghyuck returned so they all went back to pretending like nothing had happened and he gave them all weird looks but didn't say anything and just finished his food. at the end, he called over the waiter to pay and, figuring he wouldn't, hyerin got her purse to pay for herself.

"what are you doing?" he muttered.

she blinked. "paying for my food?" she answered, slightly confused.

he rolled his eyes and put down enough money to pay all their dishes but she still insisted that it was her who was supposed to be paying.

"if it upsets you that much you can just pay me back." he shrugged and slipped his phone into his pocket as he got up to leave.

his two siblings also got up and headed out and hyerin was the last to leave. he dropped them off at home taking them to the door before he came back into the car and drove to chenle's place for the pizza night. the car ride there was completely silent other than the music but she didn't mind and looked out of the window at the buildings they were going past and took a few pictures to post.

"how much was my food? i didn't really look at the receipt..." she asked him in a slightly quiet tone.

"don't worry about paying me back."

this was when she got really confused.

"but i'd rather pay you, so can you please tell me how much it was?" she spoke up.