Neteyam - I will stand with you

ابدأ من البداية

A fragile hope flickers within you, as you yearn for the comforting familiarity of your shared routines and effortless laughter. The once tumultuous world appears to regain its balance, as friends and family breathe sighs of relief, but deep within your heart, an unsettling truth begins to emerge. The ghostly reminder of fragility lingers, leaving an indelible mark on your lives.

Even if Neteyam seemed to be back to how he was before, minus the few new scars on his body, you could sense that something was off. When he was alone and thought that no one was watching, Neteyam seemed lost in thoughts. He would stare off into emptiness and wouldn't hear when his name was being called out until you were standing right in front of him. As soon as silence surrounded him, he would lose himself in his own head.

You did not know what to do to help him, because as soon as he saw you, he would put up a facade not to worry you. When you tried to ask him about it, he avoided your question by quickly changing the subject. Soon enough, he started to distance himself from you, his friends, and his family. Neteyam would leave to go on his own, to be in silence, where he could get lost in his head.

As days turned into weeks, you saw less and less of Neteyam. The boy was purposely avoiding you, never telling anyone where he was. Neteyam was back, but it almost felt as if he was still in his coma...

When Neteyam was on his own, he did not feel like himself. In actuality, he did not know who he was anymore. They left the forest and his responsibility of caring for the clan got lifted from his shoulder. He had to relearn how to be a son to his parents, make them proud without putting too much pressure on himself. He also had to learn the ways of water, which was hard. It was different. He felt like he was not showing his siblings the way to go, he felt like he was being left behind. Neteyam was trying his hardest.

When he thought he was starting to get the hang of it, Eywa decided that it wouldn't be that easy for him. That he needed to have a visit from her.

When he woke up, he felt useless. Everything was hurting, everyone was different. He was different. Everyone was taking care of him. Whatever he did, someone was there to make sure he was safe. He felt like he did not have control over his life anymore. He felt like he was losing the little bit of his self that was still there.

Who was he?

Was he still Neteyam the mighty warrior?

You've been by his side for long now, you cannot seem to understand what is going on. You know everything about him, you've loved him ever since he arrived in Awa'atlu. You have observed and analysed every single detail about him, as crazy or stupid as it could sound. Neteyam was mesmerising and you simply could not help but look at him.

So when you started noticing that Neteyam was acting different, you couldn't help but worry about him. You wanted to help him, but whatever you did never seemed to work.

Neteyam understood what you were trying to do, but he did not want to burden you, or anyone, with his problem. He did not want anyone to have to help him with this chore. The boy has been thinking that if he lets someone in, if he gets vulnerable with a person, that they might get hurt. This was the last thing Neteyam would want. He doesn't want to put anyone through this, especially not the one he loves.

---

As you sat alone in your dimly lit marui, a chill seeped through the cracks, embracing your skin. The air hung heavy with melancholic stillness, as if it carried the weight of a thousand unspoken word. 'I need to talk to him... or at least find out what's going on...' You thought. The once vibrant hues of the walls had faded into a muted palette, reflecting the emptiness that pervaded the space.