121 / Dancer

For some reason this dance felt much harder than the others. Maybe she was just out of it. She'd blank on the dance much more frequently than usual. Most of the time she learned incredibly fast, but she just couldn't get this right. The footwork in the chorus as well as the dance break was especially tripping her up. The group, honestly could have cared less, they weren't happy she was getting down on herself, but they knew she'd get it, it's just her getting into her own head.

"Why don't we stop for the day." Chan said as they were all out of breath from running it over and over. Summer however, would take a sip of water before getting up and practicing it again.

"Sounds like a plan." Changbin said as he laid on the floor. They all packed their stuff, after Jisung had to tell Summer to stop and come back tomorrow at least twenty times. She was annoyed, anyone could tell. She barely spoke, she didn't feel like she could speak.

———

She laid in her bed looking up at the ceiling, thinking about how inferior she felt. She couldn't sleep thinking that she was letting down her group. That was something she never allowed herself to do. Even though none of them thought she was letting them down, she was still getting in her head about it. She had been laying like that for hours. Now it was 4 in the morning. She sat up and saw her two roommates fast asleep in their beds. She got up, grabbing clothes and anything she needed before leaving to change and go to JYP. She left a note on the kitchen counter after refilling Alleys cat food.

@ JYP
-Haeun

She quickly left and closed the door quietly, making sure not to wake anyone up. As she got to the studio she set down her bag and quickly pulled the music up for her to practice to. But still, her mind kept blanking on the choreography at random points. She didn't understand what was going on. Dancing was basically her job, yet she couldn't even do it now. Pathetic. She could do all of it, to a certain extent yet her brain just felt foggy everytime she tried to remember what came next. She was incredibly frustrated with herself to say the least. After a few hours of practice, she was sure at least one of the boys had gotten up and read her note by now. She was tired, a sweaty mess. She had taken off her shirt a bit through so she was wearing just her sports bra and sweatpants. She had sort of figured out the footwork for the chorus but couldn't get it to the speed necessary for the song. The dance break was just not clicking in her head whatsoever. She was in the middle of a rep when the door opened.

"Oh i'm sorry for interrupting."

"Jungsu?" She looked at him like she was dreaming.

"We're here practicing too. I heard your music and thought i'd say hi. I didn't know it was just you here. Where's everyone else?" He asked as he stepped into the room.

"I'm just getting some extra practice in." She claimed, "I'm having a lot of trouble with this choreography and I want to have it down before our next group rehearsal." He sighed.

"How long have you been here Haeun."

"Five hours."

"And have you taken a break?" She opened her mouth to respond, "And I don't mean taking a sip of water and going back to it." She closed her mouth, "Come on let's sit down for a minute." He guided her over to the wall where they both slid down as they sat beside eachother.

"I just don't get it Jungsu. This is my job why can't I do it right? No one else is having problems with it. It's just me. I'm letting them all down because i'm so far behind." She covered her face with her hands in frustration.

"You're overthinking it. I can guarantee you none of your members think your behind or are upset with you. You're a human it's okay to have problems with the choreography at first, it's hard. But they know you'll get it down in due time." She rested her head on his shoulder.