The two shocked faces stared up at the black haired man who in turn smiled.

Roger seemed exhausted as he saw the young girl and the man before him.

"He's an acquaintance." Roger said as he gestured at the black haired man.

"And he plans to stay here for a bit before he leaves."

"Please excuse my intrusion this late at night, my lady." He bowed slightly to Jeanette.

"No, I'm the one who..." She spoke.

"It's late. Why are you here?" Roger asked looking down at Jeanette.

"I'm sorry, I heard voices so I..." Jeanette spoke in a low voice.

"You are underdressed you should return to your room."

Jeanette gasped as she realized she was only in her pajamas.

"M-My apologies." She said as she turned around and started running towards her room.

She once looked at the stranger who smiled at her before she turned around the corner.

She just hoped that he wouldn't tell Roger that he'd met her outside.

After a few days, Jeanette saw the man sitting on the sofa in the hall staring off in the space. She stood near the door peeking inside. She was surprised to see him still there.

She wanted to talk to him but she was worried because she knew Roger might not like it

"Excuse me, my lady." She jolted as she heard him.

"Are you too uncomfortable to enter because of my presence?" He asked as he looked at her.

"Oh, no, no! That's not true... I was just on my way to the back garden..." Jeanette lied despite her being roaming around this room for the past ten minutes.

"I see," he said as he closed the book which was on his lap and started standing up.

"I actually wanted to take a look around the back garden as well. If it's alright with you, may I ask you to be my guide?" He asked with a smile and Jeanette hesitantly agreed.

She led him towards the back garden of the mansion showing him around.

"Th-This is the entrance to the back garden."

She was finding it awkward to interact with this man, first of all, he somehow resembled the man whom she thought was her father and second, he had seen her out on the streets.

"I've noticed how Duke Alpheus dotes on you, My Lady." He suddenly said making Jeanette flinch.

"Pa-Pardon?"

"I heard that the Duke is so worried about you that he doesn't allow you to go out so often. You secretly went outside to see the festival, right?" He asked and Jeanette flinched.

I'm The Princess's Twin?! (Lucas X OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara