This past month, Chris has slowly been taking up less space in my mind. The longer we're apart, the more free I feel. But that doesn't mean I don't still think about him. I mean, it's been a little over a month since I last saw him, you don't get over a six or seven year relationship in just a month.

Especially not one as fucked up as ours.

The last thing I need is to go back to worrying about Christian and what he's doing. Yet one mention of his name and he's all I can think about again. Not in a good way either.

"I'm sorry Brynn... I could talk to hi-"

"Absolutely not. Bells, this isn't your mess anymore. He isn't your responsibility. I sure as hell won't let you anywhere near Afterlife and I'm positive Harry would feel the same."

Biting my lip, I start to pick at the skin on my thumbs. "I just don't want him to be mean to you guys. You all deserve so much better and I hate knowing that you're all getting mistreated because of me..."

"If you were to show back up to his place or the club, he wins. He has the invitation to walk back into your life and you and I both know he won't stop until he's torn you down again. Just don't acknowledge him. Forget I even brought him up."

Easier said than done. As hard as I try to expel him from my brain, all those thoughts and feelings come right back. Every few minutes I find myself glancing toward the door, making sure he's not walking in.

A part of me knows that I should tell Harry about my history with Chris. He won't judge me and he did this to save me from him as much as he'll deny it. He saw I needed saving and maybe he should know everything that man put me through. Then again, the last thing I want is for him to know. I don't want anyone to know that I was dumb enough to fall for him.

After a few minutes of pretending to care about whatever conversation she's trying to keep up, I finally give in and ask my questions. "Does he have a new girlfriend?"

Brynn looks confused at my sudden change of topic, "Who?"

"Christian."

She sighed, her expression changing from confusion to pity. "I don't know, honestly. You know I'd tell you. I'm sure he's slept with other girls since, that man can't go five seconds without thinking about his dick, but I don't think he has a new girlfriend or anything."

"Who took my spot at the club?"

"Amanda. She's been thinking she's the shit now that she has your time slots but nobody brings in money like you did."

I just nod, biting my lip as I hold onto my coffee cup. "Be honest with me, Brynn. How did he take the news that I'm with Harry?" There's no way he just got 'pissy' at that news. He despises Harry.

Brynn knows that I know the real Chris, which is why she sighs, giving up on this attempt to keep some distance between Chris and I. "He was really mad. He was going on about how he's the reason you even met Harry and that you're ungrateful and all this dumb bullshit."

He always took credit for anything I've done. He always acts like he's the only reason I'm alive right now. Maybe at one point it was true, but not anymore. I'm the reason I've gotten to this place in my life.

"I'm surprised he hasn't tried to get in touch with me or come over. He had no problem coming over in the past to yell at me."

"Maybe that's a good thing, Isabella. You're free of him and I hope it stays that way. He knows you're happier without him and the pictures from that golf event prove it to him. You and Harry look perfect together."

I look down at the table between us with a sigh. "What if he's just waiting to break me down? You know Chris almost as well as I do, he's never gonna let me be happy."