Yeji's gummy grin was undeniably cute. "Really? You don't think it's the fact that you're holding my hand and practically falling asleep on my shoulder?"

Ryujin reddened like a tomato, shaking her head, ignoring Yeji's smirk. Ryujin had been passing the room beside theirs when she stopped, a curious look on her face.

"I know that face." Yeji commented amusedly. "What's going on in that head of yours, Shin?"

"Did you-have you seen Chaeryeong and Jisu?" Ryujin inquired, her voice dropping.

Yeji made a face, her eyebrows shooting upwards. "No. They were rather quiet with their exit, weren't they? That's uncharacteristic, for Chaeryeong, at least."

Ryujin snorted. "You think? She can't go five seconds without saying something inappropriate."

Yeji blinked. "You don't think they're...."

"Nah." Ryujin shook her head, dismissing the thought immediately. "That's so weird. They're, like, our kids."

Yeji snorted at that, opening the door to their hotel room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had happened so quickly that Jisu couldn't place when Chaeryeong had made the active decision that she liked her.

In fact, Jisu couldn't remember when they'd started kissing.

It had all been sparked by what was, perhaps, a little too much alcohol. That, and the fact that they couldn't take their attraction, and affections, for one another any longer.

The wine was just the catalyst.

Chaeryeong had been murmuring quiet things into Jisu's ear all night. While they'd initially been involved with cheering Ryujin and Yeji on, begrudging as they were, they'd eventually found themselves closer and closer in proximity.

The whispering, the uncharacteristic giggles, and then Chaeryeong practically pulling Jisu out of the Shin's suite, and into the elevator, shoving her against the panel, likely smashing six or seven floors as well as their own.

And then Chaeryeong was littering sweet kisses against Jisu's flushed skin, inching up her neck until she hovered over Jisu's lips.

But of course, partially why she and Yeji had become so close, Jisu was a woman of morals, of standards, of principles.

"Chaeryeong." Jisu groaned in desperation, pushing the girl away as she took in a breath.

Chaeryeong had the decency to look crestfallen. "What?" She breathed, her chest rising and falling rapidly, heart fluttering in her chest. "You don't want this-"

"No, fuck, I do, believe me." Jisu responded quickly, arm reaching out to caress Chaeryeong's. "But-this-Jin..." She panted, shaking her head. "This isn't right."

Chaeryeong sucked in a breath. "It's not what you think."

Jisu paused, eyes widening slightly. "You're not cheating on your boyfriend?"

"We," Chaeryeong bit her lip. "i didn't want to tell you like this."

"Oh, god, fuck you're getting married?" Jisu guessed before sensibility could tame her words.

"What?" Chaeryeong froze. "No, Jisu, we're separating. We broke up. Kind of."

It dawned on Jisu a few seconds later, her expression shifting to one of utter disbelief. "Kind of? I thought you were going to get engaged, I..."

"This isn't easy." Chaeryeong began gently.

"Lee Chaeryeong, what the hell is going on?" Jisu asked, trying not sound as desperate as she felt.