Comedy Gone Horror

Start from the beginning

They were seated on a bench in the middle of the walk way, walking amongst themselves.

"Mason, Cam we got the tickets... since when do you smoke?" I asked Mason, giving him a foul expression as I watched him blow a gust of smoke out of his nose and stamping the cigarette on the ground.

"I've been telling him to stop." Cam said, mirroring my expression.

" I only do it when tense or bored." He shrugged his shoulders walking over to me.

" I haven't seen you smoke at home," I said, wracking my brain to remember if I'd ever smelt smoke on him.

"Probably cause there's never a dull moment with you." He smirked and I hit his arm, although I could feel the smile playing behind my scowl.

Mason and Cameron trailed behind me as I walked to the door of the Cinemas, when a group of boys roughly our age walked to the door as well.

One of them, a tall, tanned dark haired guy with viper bites on his lips raked his eyes up and down my legs. He held the door open for me and I nodded a cautious thanks before scurrying over to Mel.

She was still standing over by a vending machine, the two boxes of popcorn resting on the bench beside her.

Cam and Mason followed walking over to us and Cam wrapped his arm around Mel's waist, pulling her closer.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the group of five boys standing at the ticket booth, a few of them staring my way. I felt uneasy and a little panicked, the way they were staring at me like they were sizing me up, each with smirks on their faces.

"Can we just go wait in the theater?" I asked, Mel nodded taking Cameron's hand in hers and pulling him along to theater number 6.

Mason and I trailed behind them, him slightly behind me and there was the sound of wolf whistle that came from the group of boys. I looked over my shoulder at them and frowned.

Mason too looked over his shoulder and scowled at the boys.

What I wasn't expecting, was for Mason to step closer to me and wrap his arm around my shoulders pulling me close.

I looked up at him, confused as to why he would bother when he whispered down to me "just go along with it." I nodded and lifted my hand to tangle with his hand that was dangling over my shoulder.

Cameron and Mel had already seated themselves and didn't notice us come in. I went to take a seat on the end when Mason shook his head.

"No, sit next to Mel. I'll sit on the end."

"Why are you doing this." I asked honestly.

"Because sweetheart, those guys are bad news. I don't want them anywhere near you." He said quietly with a frustrated sigh, as to not disturb the love birds next to us.

We got comfortable and waited for the ads to begin in silence. He startled me when I felt his hot breath on my ear.

"I may smoke, I may ride a motorcycle and I may bring a different girl home every Friday night but that doesn't mean I'm an asshole. Believe it or not, I'm not a player because I'm not out to lead a girl on and throw her heart away."

To say this didn't shock me would be a big enough lie to set my pants on fire.

"You're not a player?" I joked sarcastically, lightening the mood smiling up at him, but I couldn't help the little bit of truth behind my words.

"Hey," he smirked, "everyone knows that Mason Murphy doesn't do girlfriends." The ads came on the screen and the lights dimmed, silencing our discussion.

About five minutes into the start of the movie, the rat pack walked into the picture theatre, walking up past us and sitting the row behind us. I noticed Mason stiffen beside me and I put my had on his arm in a hope to calm him down.

I didn't care that these guys were honing around but Mason did, and that was enough to send my heart racing. I don't even like him! I told myself.

Mason draped his arm over the back of my chair.

You know, despite it being a movie theatre where you silently come to watch a movie, those boys were making a ruckus. There weren't many other people in the theatre, but the boys made sure to speak just loud enough to make sure we could hear them.

"Oh yeah I bet she would, mate." One of the guys snickered, and I shifted in my seat so I was leaning into Mason's side.

Before, when they were just eyeing me off like a piece of meat, it wasn't so bad. Now that I could hear them talking about me, it made me super uncomfortable.

Mason's arm came round my side and he pulled me close. My heart was racing - from the rat pack or from Mason touching me i don't know, but either way it was.

"Oh yeah man, I'd massage her up nicely." One of them snickered.

"Nah man, I called dibs!" Another exclaimed and they all chuckled.

Mason stood up, his fists balled at his sides.

"You guys keep that up, or do I have to come over and sort you out?" He said, his lip curled in disgust and fury. I turned around to see two of them looking shocked but the rest snickered.

I reach up and touch Mason's arm.

"Mason, it's fine, let's just go." I offered, standing up and gathering my purse and phone.

Melissa and Cameron were looking at us and then at the boys. Seeing what was going on, Cameron stood up too, squaring his shoulders giving them a dirty look.

Mason eyed them for a moment longer before taking my hand and dragging me out of the cinema.

"She's worthless anyway. Slut." The guy with the tan skin who'd eyed me earlier said and his mates snickered.

Mason was out of my sight in two seconds and there was a crunch of breaking bones as Mason punched the guy in the face, breaking his nose.