Chapter 2

"It's Official."

Yingxiao

The emperor first finished his food and commanded me to meet him up after I finished the food at the palace's courtyard. I hurriedly finished my food as I don't want to make his royal majesty wait.

I followed him for a few minutes after I eat. As I was walking at the palace courtyard I saw a huge palanquin with thin curtains enough to see who is inside of it.

At the palanquin I saw emperor Zhao waiting for me. I immediately approaches the palanquin to be with his majesty.

"Yingxiao." His royal majesty called me as I approach him. I started to run as I don't want him to keep on waiting for a low-life like me.

When I got there he got on the palanquin and he lend out a hand, "Are you ready?" He asks, "Yes, I am ready." I hesitantly answered, then reached for his hand. When we were fully seated both, the people carrying the palanquin rose up.

He didn't say anything for me to do or say, what should I do?

As we are getting carried down the gate out to the central city, I can't help but ask what I should do as we parade around the central city.

"Zhao?"

"Yes, my little lotus?"

"You haven't told me what to do or what shall I say to the people when meeting them? What should I do?" He bark out a chuckle and put his hands on my cheeks.

"You worry too much, my little lotus. You simply do nothing and say as you please." He then caresses my cheeks. Right, Yingxiao, you don't mess this up! You got this.

"I just-" I lay out a huge sigh, he raised a brow at me, "I just want to be the perfect match for you, Zhao. I don't want to disappoint you in choosing me." He grinned and barked a little giggle, "Aren't you adorable, little lotus?" He caresses my cheeks again.

As we move to the palace gate to exit from the palace, I can't help but ask, "Zhao, I am curious why you have chosen me to be your wife? Am I a true misfit to be on your side."

"Are you doubting me?" His expression went cold as he ask, I felt my spine tingle and my heart dropped, "No, I am just curious." Maybe I felt a little comfortable there.

"The moment you helped out that servant out of the kindness of your heart, I know you are the one. You are to be with me, you are to be balanced out with my merciless and strict way of ruling."

"You are one brave maiden. Your merciless actions made me choose you. A merciful and kind mother is what this dynasty yearns for."

We arrived at the central city from the palace at the mountain. Yes, the palace is way up in the mountains. Many people's eyes were on us and I know they are judging me. I know for a fact they aren't content with me in line of succession, I know, I am too.

I am not in my skin, knowing the fact that I am going to be empress. How could a lowlife like me be queen? I totally get how people react. His royal majesty chose me over maidens of aristocracy and education.

Upon observing the emperor's face he seemed unbothered with the judging face of the people, then he glanced at me. He wanted me to be same reaction as he is, judging by the way he looks at me.

And so I forced a smile and weakly wave at the crowd as we passed by. We parade all day long, we greeted and just keep on waving.

We decided to stop at a restaurant. This restaurant isn't any kind of restaurant one might think. This restaurant serves people of power. Not even us commoners doesn't have any chance to eat here, unless we become extremely wealthy.

We entered and there were many people inside. They are all in aristocracy and people in power.

A general approached us, he looks middle aged and has an eyepatch on his right eye. His hair is tied up in a messy bun, "Well, isn't it Zhao?"

"Long time no see, pal!" How he could talk about his royal majesty in this manner. He should have been adressing him as the emperor or his royal majesty.

"Liu Peng! So good to see you!" He hugged the guy. God, this guys reeks of alcohol, "Oh, we are the presence of the grand imperial consort." He noticed me.

"Please to meet you?" He lent a hand to shake with.

"Yingxiao." I took his hand and bowed with it.

"This is my future wife, Yingxiao; she is a farmer from the agricultural area of the kingdom." Peng's face melted into disappointment, "A farmer you say?"

"What happened to your taste? Sure, she got looks, but a farmer? Please, you gotta be joking, Zhao!" Then the crowd around us starts laughing.

"It is true, Peng." I started to see his expression to shift into anger. I saw him biting his lips in anger and clutching his hands into fist, I immediately hold his hand. As I hold his hand, I lean close to his ear to whisper, "There's no need of violence, Zhao, you must use your words as he is your friend." Then the clutching on his fist stops, "Peng, I don't appreciate you talking ill about my future wife or the future empress of the Hua dynasty. Be mindful of your words or else." He uttered while looking at him dreadful, Peng's goofy and lit up face melted into fear as he nodded to the emperor. Thank the heavens and the stars, I am so lucky to prevent chaos from happening. I am pretty sure if wasn't for my words, the emperor would be throwing fists at Peng.

"Shall we eat?" He asks me while squinting his eyes and smiling at me. I nodded with a smile.

"Please excuse us." He excused. Then we went to the table, "I'll go order us food."

"No-no, I will get us food."

"No, your majesty, you shouldn't do that. I am to serve you."

"What do I tell you about formalities, my little lotus?"

"Yes, Zhao. You shall order us food." I stuttered half way saying that.

"Aren't you adorable, little lotus." He rose up and goes to the person on the counter to order. While sitting alone, I could feel the stares around me and the gossiping. I don't feel my skin.

After a few moments, he came with our orders and it was a kind of noodle soup with beef. Judging from the texture and look of the meat, I assure you it is beef.

"Dig in, my little lotus." He uttered after putting the bowl near me, "Thank you, Zhao." I smiled slowly at him.