prologue

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ Haunted┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ mystical time, act one

— prologue( the phantom menace)

— prologue
( the phantom menace)

Qui-Gon and Reyna exit the shop with Watto, leaving Carra and Padme with Jar Jar and a strange young boy who entered moments ago. The clumsy creature amongst them begins to explore the shop, as the two girls stand together, quietly surveying the area with their eyes. "Are you an angel?" The boy speaks up, staring directly at Carra, and though the young Jedi hears the question, she is unaware that it's directed at her; she is preoccupied with watching the Gungan mess with something in the shop that he shouldn't be anywhere near. Padme notices and smiles, nudging the small girl to grab her attention and gestures her head in the blonde's direction.

"H-Huh?" Carra turns her gaze to the boy, a soft pink hue dusting her cheeks as she looks up at the boy on the counter.

"An angel." He repeats. "I heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They live on the moons of Iego, I think."

"No...no, I'm not an angel." She says, toying with the delicate gold cuff that decorates the end of the small Padawan braid in her hair. "I'm a Padawan. A Jedi."

"Well, you're beautiful like an angel." He compliments with a smile, as the young girl moves to climb upon the counter beside him, his gaze never straying from her, as though he's entranced. "Maybe even more."

"I'm Carra."

"Anakin." The boy says warmly as the two shake hands. "You can call me Ani."

The group is sitting down for a meal, as they wait out the storm in the Skywalker residence and the Masters are droning on about something or other, as Padme speaks with Anakin's older brother, Atticus, about the Republic's slave laws and how they don't apply to Tatooine. "You gonna eat that, Ani?" The boy is quick to lift his head, looking towards the girl whom the voice belonged to, as he assesses the mouthful of food she's chewing on, lingering for a moment, before returning his attention to Qui-Gon. "Anakin, over here." His confused gaze meets Carra's once more, as she takes a big gulp of water and he stares over at the other patrons of the table, checking to see if they heard anything. His actions cause a giggle to escape the young girl's lips and she swiftly stifles it with more food.

"Carra." Reyna says lowly from her left. "It's not nice to tease."

"Luc does it to me all the time." The girl argues, her lips forming a pout, as she crosses her arms over her chest, the actions a clear indication of her young age. "At least this time it's actually funny because Ani has no idea what's going on." Another laugh escapes her lips, as the older woman continues to scold her, but Carra can see clear signs of a smile on Reyna;s face that indicate she finds amusement in the Faolan girls' antics.