Chapter 11: Clash

Start from the beginning

Gordon pondered the thought, then he looked between the engines on either side of him. He then made a small smile. "The fates of these engines are of their choosing," he replied, "I did not order them to come here, they volunteered because they hate you and your Warclaws. Hate the diesels that laugh at the death around them, contribute to it even! We will not be threatened by your weak diesels and your failing Warclaws."

No response came from Howler, the big engine ventured forward a little. "We know your Warclaws are failing you right now, they are confused and scared, which is exactly what they are not meant to feel! But they do, and it increases their confusion and fear. They will not know what hit them."

Howler sighed, shaking his head whilst having two fingers pinching the bridge of his nose. "But more of the drug into their engines," he said.

"Sir?" said Bark.

"Do it now," said Haywield, his tone more aggressive.

"But inspector, if we put them through another increase amount of the Haywield drug, it could deteriorate their minds and--"

Howler turned with a deadly glare in his eyes, Bark immediately turned and ordered the workmen to put the drug into their fuelling systems. They did so and the Warclaws began to look more paler and returned to their expressionless faces. Gordon huffed, it could be a challenge for them if things do not go to plan with how he laid it all out, but knew that the Haywield drug in their systems would not last very long and would most likely make them go out of service. Gordon glared at the inspector, whilst Howler only shook his head in disappointment.

"Shame," he muttered under his breath, "they are lovely-looking locomotives as well."
He then spun around to the Warclaws and diesels that stood waiting for his command. "Scrap them all."

The Warclaws then began to move toward the fleet. Gordon's eyes narrowed. Skeeher looked at the big engine. "Any time now would be good Gordon," he said.

"Indeed," said Gordon, and with a mighty blast of his whistle, the engines began to shuffle around, "whenever you all are ready!"

The engines moved out of the way, moving over points, the Warclaws continued to move closer towards them, but the diesels that followed faltered and Howler stared with lips parted as engines from behind the group emerged with flatbeds with metal ramped welded into place. They blocked all the Warclaws paths to reach them.

"Move forward!" called Gordon, and the engines pushed the flatbeds towards the Warclaws.

"This won't work," said a diesel next to the big engine.

"Trust me," replied Gordon, "it will work. Look."

The diesel did and saw men sitting on the flatbeds, wielding weapons of any kind. Crowbars, bats, anything that could be used as a weapon. Gordon hummed to himself in anticipation as the Warclaws slowed, unsure of what to do next. The engines with the flatbeds halted as well, unsure of what to do either. It had become a stalemate. Gordon smiled, the first part of the plan was going smoothly, he only hoped the other team could get through the yards unseen.

***

Edward looked down the line, no diesel lurked at the other entrance. "All clear," he whispered to the other engines. They all then puffed towards the entrance as quietly as possible, trying not to be noticed. The blue engine entered the yard and looked around the twisty tracks. They hadn't much time, Gordon promised to hold back as long as possible, but it won't be long until they will have to start bashing the Warclaws and Edward knew all too well that Warclaws could be ruthless. He looked around the yard, going over points and around corners which just allowed Peter to follow. Then, they came around a corner and saw something which made Edward gasp.