Love.

"Paige is what!?" Casey stood up, Izzie just sat there, her jaw on the floor.
"Pregnant." Sam repeated, getting visibly more stressed out. This calmed Casey a little, therefore she could calm Sam down.

"Um...okay, so when did you find out." Izzie tried to comfort the two by being a voice of reason.

"Like 10 minutes ago. She said she's 7 weeks pregnant already." Sam went back to tugging on his hair.
"Is she okay?" Izzie placed a hand on sams shoulder the try calm him down.

"She seems worried and happy."
"Well that's good, what did you say when she called you?"
Casey was just pacing the corner panicking, Izzie decided to just let her do this, she may not have been much help right now.

"She just told me she's pregnant and that she understands it'll take time to think about and I don't like change but she's excited and it'll be okay."
"Well it sounds like she understands, just think about it Sam, and if you have questions or need help, come to me, my mom has had lots of kids after me. I know all about it."
"Thanks Izzie, I'm gonna go. Should I tell mom and dad?"
"Not yet, maybe wait for Paige, till she's ready. It'll be like that a lot for the next 9 months."
"Okay."

Sam left just like that.
"Newton?"
"Yeah."
"Are you okay."
"I don't know, I guess it's cool but I'm realising eventually he'll become more independent and I won't be able to protect him anymore."

"It'll be okay Casey, he'll always come to you first, he just proved that."
"Thanks for being so great with him."
"Hes a sweet guy, he's gonna be fine."

Casey smiled "Wanna get ready for the party?"
"Yeah, sure." Izzie smiled and stood up, retrieving her dress and the hoodie Casey laid out for her.

"Wanna pick my outfit?" This seemed like a casual question to Casey but Izzie pulled a face as if she'd just seen a unicorn, she was ecstatic.
"Of course I would!" Izzie ran to Casey's closet and spent 5 minutes picking out items of clothing.

"Done!" She said, after the laying the clothes out on the bed. It was cargos and a black crop top.
"thank you, pretty girl."
"No problem, Newton."

They got dressed and Izzie sat down to do her makeup.
"You don't need that." Casey said, putting her hands on izzies shoulders from behind her.
"Thank you, but I really think I do." Izzie laughed but Casey didn't find it funny.
"You're beautiful without it."
"Dude, love how much you care but honestly don't even try, I'm accustomed to it now."
"Alright fine. You look gorgeous both ways anyway."

Casey wrapped her arms round izzies waist behind her and watched her do the rest of her makeup in the mirror.

"Izzie?" Casey jumped away from Izzie when Sam appeared in the doorway
"Yeah, Sam."
"How much does it cost to look after a baby?"
"Google says between $12,000 and $14,000 a year."
"Hm. I'm gonna need another job."

"So he's taking this pretty seriously huh?" Izzie turned to face Casey.
"Yeah... I guess." Casey seemed a bit low, she was worried about her brother which Izzie understood.

"Cmon, let's have fun." Izzie grabbed Casey's hand and pulled her towards the door.
Casey nodded and smiled, Izzie reached for the door handle.

"Wait a minute." Casey said before pulling her girlfriend towards her and kissing her.
"Now we can go." She said. Causing Izzie to smile, which of course caused Casey to smile in return.

As soon as the door was open they let go of each others hands and continued through the house, as if they were back to being friends again.

"Bye mom!" Casey yelled before leaving the house. She immediately took hold of izzies hand again and they walked to the car.