31. Place Where She Died.

Start from the beginning

"Will you have tea with me like we used to Ara?" Athanasia smiled.

I hoped she wouldn't turn Athanasia down, that child had been upset for the past few days. These twins who were never separated since birth were now standing in front of each other with one seeing other as a complete stranger.

I watched as Ara moved and walked over and sat down on the chair making Athanasia's face radiate even more glow. I followed suit and sat down.

The maids poured us tea and I watched as Ara picked up the tea cup after her tea was poured and she took a sip. Her eyes widened as she sipped it.

"This... this tastes like spring." She said with a small smile on her face making my eyes go wide. She had said the exact same thing when she was a child.

"Ara?" Ara looked at Athanasia, as she looked at her with the hint of love and longing in her eyes.

"Do you remember we drank this tea for the first time with Dad when we were five years old?" She asked and Ara stared at her.

"I had said that I felt like there were flowers blooming in my mouth. Do you feel that way too?" She asked and Ara's eyes became blank for a moment before she grimaced touching her head.

Did she remember something?!

She released a deep sigh before she placed the cup down and closed her eyes.

"Ara, are you feeling unwell? Let's go inside, we have been walking for all morning." I said and she raised her hand at me as I tried to touch her.

"I'm fine." She said and I recalled the times when she would use those words.

Those words which she only used to comfort us while she was still suffering.

"Ara?"

"I'm fine," she repeated as she put her hand down, sat up properly and picked the teacup again.

The moment where she felt pain seemed to have been erased from the atmosphere as she went back to her usual expression.

Athanasia tried to make her talk but she only replied in one-worded short answers.

After the tea was finished Ara stood up and put her hands in the pockets of her pants.

"Let's go, there's a place I need to visit." She announced and I could see the serious expression on her face.

Athanasia walked along as we headed towards the lake and I looked at Ara. Athanasia had told me that Ara had stood at the lake on that stormy day and said that she was killed in this very lake.

Was that why she was scared of this place?

"Let's get on the boat." Ara announced and I and Athanasia along with Ara got on the boat.

Every time Ara used to sit beside me for the boat rides, but this time she had sat alone. No hint of fear on her face as the boat moved. Was it because she had recalled everything?

"Ara?" Athanasia spoke up making Ara look at her.

"Do you remember? When we were young, we came on this boat for the first time with Dad and I was attracted to that lotus monster and ended up falling into the water." Athanasia spoke.

"At that time Dad didn't help me but you came to my rescue right away,"

I felt Ara's sharp gaze turning on me for a moment before going back to Athanasia. I couldn't tell them that at that time I really wished to see them die. Yet, when I saw them in that state, I couldn't help but feel this strong urge to protect them.