Love(Hating) Cats (Part 1)

"A cat, why?"asked Aang in his orange onesie while floating next to Katara on the couch.

"Because I've always wanted a pet of my own". Katara responded in her own light blue onesie, she splashed Aang with water making him bounce on the couch.

"What about Appa and MoMo?", the two animals were drawing swords to determine who will pick the movie tonight.

"Momo, we're borrowing from Sokka and Suki for the night and Appa is your companion".Katara pointed out

"What about me? I'd make a good pet". Aang began to meow and purr.

Katara laughed and shook her head at her boyfriends humor.

"Even if you were a type of animal you wouldn't be a cat,maybe a chihuahua". 

"If I were a chihuahua would you adopt me?"

"Of course".

Aang felt like he won.

"I'd adopt you and the cat".Katara said joyfully, Aangs' face fell.

"Seriously though, there are other types of animals, I wouldn't even mind if you took in a saber-tooth tiger".

"A tiger is a type of cat ,Aang, besides, I heard that cats are sweet, playful and a possible companion for life."

I'm all of those things. 

A crash disturbed Aangs thoughts, Momo, who won the duel, was dancing on Appa victoriously.

 Momo chose Madagascar.

Aang grudgingly picked up the remote, searched the movie and clicked on it.

He didn't like cats.He hated  them.

***************

"Aang look who I found". Katara said chirpily

Aang looked up from his phone to see Katara with. A white cat.

"Isn't he adorable  ". The cat purred and leaped from her arms.

"No it isn't and it's a He too, what's his name anyway".

"Because of the dark spot on his forehead I was thinking of Ash". The cat went around Kataras leg and purred

"He's just so cute". She picked him up and they rubbed noses, she placed him back on the ground and went to the kitchen.

"Where did you adopt him?"Aang asked while isolating himself from the cat

"I didn't I found him on the sidewalk". 

"Why don't we find his owner and send him back?" Aang asked hopefully 

"That could work but-" 

Aang didn't need to hear anymore he picked up Ash by his head and walked to the front door. Ash somehow jumped and scratched Aangs neck, Aang dropped the cat while howling in pain, Ash landed gracefully and licked himself.

"Aang be gentle". Katara scolded and picked Ash up tenderly.

"But he scratched me"

"Because you tried to throw him out"

"What if Ash actually belongs to someone and they're looking for him" 

"Later we'll put up flyers but until then he's our responsibility"

"I don't think he likes me". Aang said as he wrapped a bandage around his neck. 

Katara started to move a cat bed into their bedroom.