"I can't trust my own mind." Bucky answered. "So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head, I think going back under is the best thing." Steve nodded, "For everybody."

Steve did his best not to cry. He'd promised he wouldn't do that so Bucky didn't feel any guilt or feel bad about going into cryo. But Steve had just gotten him back, he didn't want to lose him so soon. Who knew how long this was going to take?

Well, he had waited many years before. He could wait a few more years. And who knew? Wakanda was more advanced than anyone suspected. Perhaps it would be only months.

He stepped closer, leaning in and lightly kissing Bucky on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." Bucky said, then pulled Steve into a deeper kiss. "That's how you do it punk."

Steve smiled.

But his heart felt as heavy as a rock as he watched the glass shield rise up before him, air hissing as Bucky closed his eyes, turning to ice.

T'Challa found him staring out the windows onto the Wakandan plane. "Thank you for this." Steve spoke first, looking out at the beautiful forest. Y/N was even on her way home, in fact she might've even been hugging Tony at this moment. Steve smiled a little, thinking of the Princess of Asgard and how much she would have liked Wakanda too.

"Your soulmate and my father, they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace. . ."

"You know, if they find out he's here. . . they'll come for him." Steve fretted.

"Let them try."

🎃::::: 🧡 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 🧡 :::::🎃

"Y/N" Tony hugged you as tightly as you stepped off of the Wakandan air ship. General Ross was waiting in the background, official paperwork in his hands. "Fuck I'm so glad that you're okay."

"Mommy!" Everleigh came toddling over the grass, a barbie doll in her hands. She was crying as you scooped her up into your arms. "Mommy you're home!"

"Hi sweetheart." You whispered, crying yourself, kissing her forehead over and over again, "Yeah, I'm home."

"You are aware that you left The Raft, where you were imprisoned." General Ross said, stepping forwards, clearing his throat.

"Not in front of my daughter." Tony hissed under his breath to the General. "We said we wouldn't do it in front of our daughter."

General Ross sighed and raised his eyebrows. You looked down at Everleigh, wiping her tears from her cheeks. "Where is your Uncle Rhodey?"

"He's inside." Everleigh answered.

"Can you go join him for a moment? Daddy and I will be inside in a moment. We just have to talk to Mr. Ross, okay?"

You put her down on the grass and she toddled back off to the Avengers Compound. General Ross opened up the paper.

"Are you aware," You started angrily. "That Brock Rumlow, who you declared deceased came into The Raft, broke open my cell, half beat me to death while trying to rape me? And that the only reason I'm okay is because Steve Rogers saved me?"

"He cut Rumlows' head off with a shield." General Ross bit off.

"Good." Tony snapped. "He deserved it."

"Stark has managed to persuade the judges to not put you back in. If you agree to a court date and sign these papers, you will stay out. You will be put under house arrest for five years."