The Fundraiser

You were scared to death as Tony zoomed along the streets of California. You were entirely certain he was going to crash the car and kill the both of you. Tony, on the other hand, seemed completely relaxed like he wasn't going eighty-five miles per hour.

You wished you could hold onto something, but the expensive leather probably wasn't something you wanted to dig your claws into.

He had cleaned up nicely in an expensive suit with a blue tie and he had given you a small orange bow that went around your neck. It wasn't tight and you actually liked it a lot. You thought it sort've made you look like a smart bunny.

Eventually, Tony had to slow down so that he could pull up to the stop, the valet immediately rushing around. Tony leaned over to unclip your seat belt- that really hadn't been doing anything for you- and picked you up in his arms. He gave the keys to the valet and headed up the red carpet stairs.

There was a lot of shouting which made your ears lie flat to get away from the loud noises. Fangirls seemed to ignore your presence, screaming and cheering when they saw him, attempting to talk to him, but he cut his way through the crowd. He kept a firm hold on you as he made his way towards Obadiah Stane who was speaking to one of the reporters outside the door.

"Hey Tony, remember me?" A gorgeous blond simpered as he made his way towards- and past- her.

"Sure don't." Tony replied, hand tightening around you just a little bit. "Look great, Hef." He said, patting an older man wearing what looked like a maroon bathrobe on the shoulder. He was surrounded by young women and you could smell that he was smoking something.

Tony propped you up so that your paws were on his shoulder and you were looking backwards from the way he walking. The man that was wearing the bathrobe turned and looked around until the girls corralled him back.

"What's the world coming to when a guy's got to crash his own party?" You heard Tony ask.

You heard Obadiah laugh, a sound that sent chills down your spine and you turned your head so that you could see the man. "Look at you. What a surprise!"

"I'll see you inside." Tony said shortly and you could tell that he was displeased with the father figure.

"Hey." Obadiah said and you went from looking at him straight on to seeing him from the side as Tony turned to face him slightly. "Listen, take it slow, all right? I think I got the board right where we want them."

He was talking right above you into Tony's ear quietly. Your own ears twitched.

"You got it. Just cabin fever. I'll just be a minute." Tony replied. And though he turned and walked away from the man, you could see Obadiah's expression. You decided that you really did not like Stane.

Tony made his way through the hall which was filled with lots of people wearing suits and dresses. They pointed at you, whispered- though you could hear because of your ears- and you knew they were wondering when Tony had found his soulmate.

"Give me a scotch. I'm starving." Tony said, handing a bill over to the man behind the counter. You saw the man standing next to him turn and ask, "Mr. Stark?"

"Yeah?"

"Agent Coulson."

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. The guy from the. . ."

"Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division." The man named Agent Coulson finished while Tony kept saying 'yeah' like he really remembered.

You'd never met him before. He did look like a person who would be an agent though. Nearly bald, a slightly boyish face, and the posture with his hands placed in front of his body.