16, a slice of paradise

Start from the beginning

"Well, what we had wasn't better than this. Can't say the same, now, can you?" Cleo pointed out, walking up ahead more with AJ to get some more coconuts.

"I just can't see it" Cleo continued on now that Pope couldn't hear and AJ shook her head.

"I can't either, what a dream"

"You had a good life though, didn't ya?"

"Even before my mom was killed. Life was not on that kind of path" She referenced Pope, knowing Cleo would understand what she was saying. "but, I guess I'm in between the two of you. I can't say I had to do half the things you did" The blonde girl leaned down and picked a few berries, tossing two in her mouth.

DAY TWENTY-SIX

The group of seven were sitting around in a circle, a simple game of truth or dare being played. "John B, your turn. Truth or dare?" Sarah let out, passing the boy the woven hat.

"all right, all right. Truth"

"truth?" Sarah questioned.

"this is exciting" Cleo's statement made AJ laugh.

"If you could do it all again...what would you do different?" Sarah's question made the boy think for a second.

"Uh get the gold out before Ward did" JJ answered.

"Maybe hide the cross a little better" Pope shrugged.

"Not yell murderer at Ward, maybe"

"I don't really have any regrets except maybe letting Pope drive" AJ let out.

"uh steal a couple bottles of rum before we jumped off the boat" John B added.

"Yeah, why didn't you do that, actually?" JJ turned to the boy, asking the serious questions.

"yeah, why didn't we?" AJ agreed.

"I dunno, maybe cause we were in a fight to the death?" John B looked to the blonde across the circle from him and she nodded.

"oh right"

"I would look both ways before crossing the street" Cleo answered.

"yeah my bad my bad" John B held his hands up in defence.

"Your turn chief" Cleo reminded him.

"All right Kie, truth or dare" After John B asked, AJ sort of tuned out everything. She turned her head, meeting Pope's eyes on her right. They shared a look before he turned back to the game.

Kiara made her opinions of going home loud and known and AJ watched the way Pope's face started to look more like a mask. Hiding what she knew he was thinking.

"The showers tempting though" Kiara added and AJ tipped her head back.

"a nice warm shower would literally be all I'd need" She let out, thinking of the warm water hitting her back.

"I could use a fat shower right now" John B agreed

"JJ truth or dare?" Kiara turned to the blonde boy and he scoffed.

"I mean, do you even need to ask?" In answer, Kiara pointed to the cliff, a smile on her face.

"big jump, nobody's done it yet. Dare" The teens watched as JJ ran up to the cliff, the six joining at the shore to watch. "do you think he will?" Sarah asked, standing next to AJ.

"Are you kidding? Of course, he will"

"There he is!" John B let out, JJ appearing at the top. The pogues cheered.