"Ara? Ara?!" I shouted but she wouldn't open her eyes.

I fell to my knees as I felt the tears of despair once again showing up

I fell to my knees as I felt the tears of despair once again showing up. Why was I so powerless? I couldn't even protect the ones whom I loved.

I couldn't protect Diana, I couldn't even keep my family together, and now... I even lost my child.

I placed her down on my lap and suddenly my eyes widened as I saw her mana flowing within her body, the amount was completely overwhelming yet, it was flowing in a perfectly tamed way.

How was this possible? That means she...

"Felix, get the doctors!"

I shouted as I picked up Ara and looked at Felix who was holding up Athanasia.

We shifted them in their rooms and the doctors did their best to look at them.

"We-We don't know what to do, Your Majesty."

"The mana flow is completely fine, we can't figure out why the Princesses are like this."

I was tempted to rip their heads right that instant but I just left Felix to deal with it while I sat beside my daughters.

Diana... ever since you left me, I thought... I shouldn't live... I even used black magic to ease the pain but then... Seven years ago, suddenly you appeared in my dream again saying that our child freed me from those black shackles.

This child.

I looked down at Ara who lay completely still and too pale

I looked down at Ara who lay completely still and too pale. This child who always looked sickly and was light, who looked like me and who stood up against me like you did. The one who dared to look me in the eye and refuse something. The child who hid her fears and fought for the one whom she loved. The one who chose to sacrifice her own life for the life of the ones she loved... Just like you.