00.

CHRONICALLY CAUTIOUS

© 2023 | ✎ burner44z

BREAKING: Gasly Sidelined at Dutch GP Due to Arm Injury; De Coster to Make F1 Debut

AlphaTauri's driver, Pierre Gasly, has been declared unfit to participate in the Dutch Grand Prix following a significant crash during FP1. Onboard footage subsequently unveiled the extent of the impact on Gasly's shoulder and arm as he made contact with the barriers. The French driver appeared visibly distressed as he exited the vehicle. Regrettably, Gasly has sustained a fracture to the clavicle bone in his right shoulder, effectively ruling him out for some of the succeeding races.

In light of Gasly's unfortunate injury, the team has called upon 22-year-old Lena De Coster, the reserve driver for both Red Bull and AlphaTauri. De Coster is a former 2018 FIA F2 Champion as well as the 2020-21 FIA FE Champion. The upcoming race in the Zandvoort will mark the driver's inaugural race in F1 which will coincidentally be in front of her home crowd.

The AlphaTauri team is engaged in a race against time as their mechanics labor to fix the damaged car to have it fully operational in time for FP3. This will offer De Coster a crucial opportunity to acquaint herself with the track that she has never raced at before and familiarize herself with the car's functions ahead of the subsequent Qualifying session on the same day.

Lena De Coster brings an impressive résumé to her F1 debut, boasting a string of notable achievements. Despite her past successes, she has not previously had the opportunity to compete at the pinnacle of motorsport. The motorsport community eagerly anticipates her performance against her peers, and her entrance into F1 is undoubtedly a historic moment, advancing the cause of women in motorsport.

For additional details concerning the scheduling and timings of the remaining events during the Dutch Grand Prix, click here.

[ CAST ]

━━━━━━━━━━