That's when I recalled why Jeanette must be here.

"Are you lost?" I asked and she looked at me.

"You must be here for Athanasia's tea party, right? Did you get lost?" I asked as I placed my hand on my propped up knee.

"Ah, yes." She said and I looked behind her.

"Did you come from there?" I asked gesturing behind her and she looked back once before nodding. She seemed scared, was I really that violent? Or did she...?

"Did you by any chance run into my Dad?" I asked and she gasped.

"H-How did you..."

"That explains why you look like this," I said as I sighed.

"Did he say something to you?"

She looked down at her gown.

"H-He told me not to roam around the palace and not to show him myself again." She said in a low voice and I was slightly surprised.

Did he really say that to her? Was something like this in the story? Well, since I had forgotten quite a lot of minor details so, I wasn't sure.

I noticed the bruises forming on her hand from where I'd grabbed her and I felt slightly guilty. She seemed quite weak.

"Give me your hand." I said and she slightly flinched.

"Pardon?"

"Give me your hand." I repeated as I presented my hand to her.

She hesitantly placed her hand in mine and I healed the bruises from her hand, feeling the throbbing in my head disappear.

"I-I talked with Princess Athanasia just now... She seemed like she loves Her Highness a lot, she said that since childhood even before His Majesty, you had been there for her. You had been taking care of her and protecting her... I felt slightly envious hearing that."

She then chuckled, "I have a Ijekiel but I really wanted a sister..."

"Alpheus household is taking care of you, right?" I asked as I let go of her hand after healing it.

"Yes," she said and then admired her hand, "Wow, it doesn't hurt anymore."

"Sir Roger said his cousin, your mother is recuperating in the countryside. How's her health now?"

Jeanette looked like she was at a loss for words as she avoided my gaze.

"Sh-She's doing well... I so-sometimes write her letters, so... yes, she's, uh, she's fine."

She's a really bad liar.

"What about your father?" I asked and she slightly flinched and didn't say anything.

"Ah, pardon me, it's none of my business to know after all. You should head back now."

I said as I lied back down feeling sleepy.

"M-My father..." I looked at her as she started speaking.

"Hopefully, I'm soon going to meet him." She said with a smile.

" She said with a smile