Prologue: The Cavern Under the House

Start from the beginning

I used my sleeve to wipe it off to get a better look and saw it was no ordinary helmet, but rather a helmet from all the way in Scandinavia? or maybe Iceland? Clearly a Viking helmet but why was It here?

I decided to stash it in my backpack for later studying. I decided to go talk to my mom about this house a bit. "Oh, well It might be a shock to you but this was my house when I was a child" My mom said which caught me off guard.

"Oh This was your home? You never told me that" I said rather taken aback.

"Well You never asked" My mom said as if she was waiting to say this word already.

"Touche, Mom" I said as I walked with her into the house as she was carrying a Box of dishes.

I decided to investigate the inside of the house a bit more. Walking to what was supposed to be my room I opened the white door and the first step I took into the room I felt gravity yank me down and the floor gave way.

"ACK!" I exclaimed as I felt my foot go deep into the ground.

When I looked to see what had happened it turned out that i had stepped on a floor vent and there was an unstable piece of floor which my foot just so happened to smash through.

"Oh mannn, Mom! help please" I called into the Living room. My mom came to help me and came in the door. "Tiffanik? did you lodge in the vent? oh my" She said as she grabbed me by my outstretched hands and pulled me out.

I dusted my leg off to get the stuff from the vent off and looked at the hole I had made.

"Dang, that goes really far" My mom said as we can't see a bottom.

"I'd say we should patch it up with Tape, I'll buy some tomorrow" My mom then said as she went back to sorting boxes and stuff she brought with us.

I went over to the bed that was already in this room and laid on it. It was an adult sized bed so I couldn't help but wonder if this was my mom's bed when she was living here before or maybe it was Grandma or Grandpa's.

I hooked up my phone charger and computer charger into the wall and laid down on the pillow. The Pillow was comfy at least and had a picture of the sun on it. "I guess this is comfy...Might not leave my room" I mumbled.

As I lay there being lazy I couldn't get my mind off of that hole in the vent. I decided to not bother it until it was night time so I wouldn't get discovered.

I continued to read the entries on Wikipedia but I then heard the Vent's cooling system turn on.

(FWOOSH!) The Vent goes as it filters the cool air. "That's better..." California is a Notoriously hot state, not to mention constant Wildfires and Earthquakes so something Chill would be good to have.

Night Woke and I had finished dinner, I had brought home one of my Fillet-Fish sandwiches so I could eat it whenever My parents were busy.

I close the door to my room and decide to check out the Vent. I got on my hands and Knees and peered down into the hole I had made. It was now that I did see there was a bottom and it was right beneath the house.

"huh...It must be because the house is slightly elevated above the ground" I commented.

I couldn't shake the feeling to study it. I have a Problem with Investigation and studying so much that I've been called Super Nerd at my first school. It was embarrassing but you can't blame me for being curious about the world.

I slowwwwly put my feet down into the hole and break more pieces. They fell a short distance and made a muddy splat sound letting my feet hang now above the underground area.