He looked for her everywhere! On the roads, in the park, in the restaurants, in the shops! She was nowhere to be found. He didn't even have her photo to show someone. As time ticked, his fear grew exponentially. He felt anxious and hurt in his soul! He never paid attention to why his heart beat so fast for her. He skipped his lunch and kept searching for her on all the roads in and around that tutorial. 

When his legs hurt, he came back to his car and leaned on it. He tried her number again. Nope! No response. He called his friend in the police department to lodge an unofficial complaint to search for her. Just when he hung up the call after making a complaint, he heard her! Just behind him on the ground.

“Dei Harish! Catch it!” He heard her well. His eyes turned red out of anger, and he walked towards her without any hesitation. He was trying hard to control his anger but lost it when she got in the car.

“I … I am sorry!” She said in a little voice. 

“Idiot!” He drove the car as his anger was reaching its ceiling. He literally wanted to choke her to death. She made him run around the streets like a madman in search of her when, all the while, she was playing cricket with unknown boys. 

‘How dare she!?’ He punched his steering wheel, and Dammu pasted herself on the seat and leaned on the window away from him. She was shivering inside, looking at his anger. No one has ever been this mad at her, not even her mother.

As soon as he stopped the car at the gates, Dammu jumped down from the car and ran in before Krishna could say anything. She ran to Kowsalya and stood behind her hiding from the raging Krishna.

“What happened, dear? How was your first day of class?” Kowsalya asked her daughter-in-law, not knowing anything that she had pulled off.

“Hey, come here,” Krishna called her with a snap of his finger. 

“Mhum, athai, I won't go. Save me.” Dammu refused to leave her mother-in-law’s side.

“What happened, Krishna? Why are you so angry? Look at her, how scared she is!” Kowsalya asked her son.

“Amma, you don't know what she has done. She insulted the teacher at the center and went out. She didn't call me or you but instead she went to the ground and was playing cricket with some random boys. I kept calling her, and she didn't even pick up the call.” Krishna ranted to his mother.

“What is this, Damayanthi? This is very irresponsible of you. I won't condone this kind of behavior.  Look at Krishna. He is so worried for you. This is not right, and I am not going to support you in this. Go with your husband and sort it out.” Kowsalya told Dammu and went in with a satisfied smile. She clearly understood her son’s state. He knew that her son was worried sick for his wife and that his life was on the right path. Slowly, but surely, she knew that her son would fall in love with this girl.

“Hey, inga va de! (Hey, come here!)” He called her with controlled anger. Dammu was standing with her head hung low in front of her husband like a lost child. Dammu was shocked to hear him call her ‘de’. She looked up at her husband, but her feet refused to leave, and Krishna’s patience flew through the window. He grabbed her hand and dragged her to their room.

“Aiyo, please! Valikuthu. Inimey sathiyama unga kita sollama velayada poga maten. (ah, please, it hurts. I promise I will not go to play without informing you.)” Dammu kept pleading with him all the way.

“Shut up!” he growled and pushed her into the room. He closed his fist and eyes tight to calm himself before talking to her. 

When he opened his eyes, he saw her! A painting! A beautiful one at that. Her eyes showed literal fear. She had bit her lower lips in anxiety. She was breathing hard, distracting his eyes to her heaving bosoms. Her dupatta is not in place! That is when he remembered that she didn't have her dupatta on even when she was playing. He looked at her backpack behind her, and he saw her dupatta rolled up and stuffed in.