Chapter 16

"So . . . You and Malfoy?" Harry asked after a short while. Hermione nodded. He didnt know quite how to react. Should he be happy? Upset? Concerned?

"Are you. . .Are you happy?" He asked. Hermione smiled.

"I'm completley happy." She said. Harry smiled weakly. This was a very strange event. Draco Malfoy, His sworn enemy, Was with Hermione Granger, His best friend. What was he suppose to say? "Congratulations,I'm glad you found the man of your dreams"? Or maybe somthing like. "Hermione I don't want you to date Malfoy"? He was so confused.

"So what happens now?" Malfoy asked. Harry sighed.

"I have to go and find the other horcrux's and destroy them and then kill Voldemort." He murmured.

"I'm coming."Hermione said getting up out of bed.

"No!" Both Harry and Draco said at the same time. They glared.

"You're in no condition to fight Voldemort." Harry told her. She opened her mouth like she was going to object.

"Think about D.J." Malfoy murmured wrapping his arms around her. She sighed and stared down at the ugly baby that was laying asleep in her arms.

"You're right. . . " She sighed. "I don't want to put D.J. in danger." Hermione slumped back into her bed. Malfoy smiled.

"Thatta girl." He told her giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"I wish I could do somthing to help, though. " Hermione muttered. "I feel so useless."

"You're not useless." Both Harry and Malfoy said at the same time. They glared at each other again.

"Stop doing that." Malfoy growled. Hermione giggled.

"You guys are alot alike if you think about it." She said thoughtfully.

"We are not!" They shouted in unison causing Hermione to giggle again.

"Yes, you are." She replied.

"How?" Harry asked.

"Well you guys think alike." She said. "So thats something."

"I do not think like this git!" Harry exclaimed.

"No," Hermione said. "You just dont want to think like him. But you do."

"Whatever." Harry said after a few moments. "I better get going after Ron."

"But where am I suppose to go?" Hermione asked.

"You'll come with me." Draco replied.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Well," He said. "We can't go back to my house. My parents are going to hate me after I- well you know." He sighed and continued. "I know of this great cabin. It's big enough for three plus more if,um . . . anyway.We're going to stay there until the dark lord is defeated."

"You think that I'm going to defeat Voldemort?" Harry asked with a slighty shocked look on his face.

"I know you will." Draco replied sincerely. There was another long awkward silence.

"Well, I have to go." Harry said. Hermione frowned.

"Alright." She said sniffleing. What if Harry didn't make it? Then what would she do? She didn't want to lose both of her best friends. Harry saw her sadness and wrapped her in a hug.

"I'll miss you." He murmured. Hermione nodded.

"I'll miss you too." She replied. Harry gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"Bye." He said.

"Bye." She whimpered. He cast her one last look before leaving the hospital room. Hermione felt hot tears rolling down her cheeks. Draco pulled her into a hug.

"It'll be okay." He murmured soothingly. She nodded against his chest. She tried speaking but her voice failed her and another sob excaped her lips. Draco rocked her back and forth.

The doctor came in.

"Mrs. Granger." He said. "You are free to go." Draco nodded. The doctor then handed him a sign out sheet. He filled it out then set it down on the bedstand table.

"C'mon." He said. "Lets go to our new home."