Chapter 6

Draco stared at Hermione as she took another hungry bite of her strange taco.She smiled and made a "Mmmmmm." Sound every time she took a bite.

"Um,Hermione?" Draco asked.

"Mmm-hmm?"She murmured with her mouth full, pickle juice dripping down her chin.

"Why did you put those ingrediants on your taco. I don't mean to be rude but they seem to be a weird combantion." Draco said.

"Oh. . . "Hermione swallowed and set her half eaten taco down on the plate before her. "Well I dont usually eat like this." She said. "But for some strange reason I just craved these things." Draco just stared at her so she continued.

"Like the peanut butter, I wanted something soft, and smooth. With the pickles. I wanted something crunchy,sour and juicy.I felt like having something salty so I put on the salt. And Lastly. I needed somthing sugury and sweet, but also cold so thats what the ice cream is for." She explianed. Draco stared with his mouth opened slighlty and a dumb expression written across his face.

"Mud-Muggleborns eat strange things." He murmured. Hermione was too engulged in her taco to notice his slip up.

After she was done eating Draco asked her what else she would like to do in her small freedom slot. Hermione said she felt tired so she went to Dracos room. Draco sat in a chair and watched as Hermione, The girl he had hated for so many years ,Curl down under the covers of his bed. Her clothes were dry so she slipped them on before falling asleep. Hermione still had Dracos shirt though. It was squashed into a ball next to her face.

Soon Hermione was asleep under the green and silver comforter. Draco just sat in a chair next to the bed and watched as Hermione took slow deep breaths, The blanket rising and falling slightly. Draco smiled. For the first time Hermione looked peaceful. She wasn't covered in filth and dirt. She was clean. Though her hair was brushed it still looked frizzy.

"Ron. . ." Hermione murmured in her sleep tossing under the covers, Draco frowned. She was dreaming about him. Hermione was having a dream about that red haired demon!Draco clenched his jaw till it hurt. A girl like Hermione shouldnt be dreaming about a guy like Ron!. She should be dreaming aout a rich man who could care for her not a poor man who doesnt know his place!

Why do I care? Draco thought to himself. Why did he care? Why would he, Draco malfoy a pure blooded wizard, care about a muggle born? Surly he couldn't have feelings for her  . . . Could he?

*************

"Hermione!" Ron called from the woods. "Hermione where-"

"Shut up!" Snape growled. "Your going to give away our location."They were walking over snow, The leaves under the white powder cruched quietly with each step.Snap estill hadn't tol them directly where Hermione was. He just said that e wold lead them to her.

"I cant believe im saying this but I actually agree with Snape, Ron you should be quieter." Harry said. Harry had followed them out of the tent when they left. He had already lost one of his best freinds theres no way he was going to lose Ron.

"I'm sorry. . . I'm just so worried like . . Its hard to discribe." Ron said. thats when Snape spoke again.

"You feel so terrified that you'll never see her alive again that you can hardly move. Every second is agonizing beacuse that means theres less of a chance that she'll be alive. You cant help but call out her name in feeble hopes that she'll run out from a hinding place and jump into your arms. Even though your sure she's dead.She was your best friend and now you fear that you'll never see her beautiful smile or hear her infectios laugh or listen to her angelic voice say your name. . ."Snapes voice trailed off as he was trapped in his own thoughts. Ron stared at Harry then back at Snape.

"Lets. . um keep going." Harry murmured as they pressed on.

*************

Hermione woke up. She was moving. Well actually she was being moved. Hermione bliked the blurriness out of her hazel eyes and looked up. Draco was carrying her quietly to her cell.

"Do I have to go back already?" She asked sleepily. Draco nodded sadly.

"Don't worry, I'll let you out again tomorrow." Draco promised.Hermione yawned and let her head fall lazily onto Dracos chest.Draco widened his eyes. Hermione was so close to him . . .

"You'll make sure Greyback doesnt hurt me again right?" She asked looking up into his eyes. Draco stared at her.She looked so innicent. So angelic, So . . . beautiful. Draco looked down her face until he saw her lips. He wanted,for some reason, to kiss her. Her lips looked so inviting. But Draco stopped himself.Hermione was still staring at him.

"Of course I will." Draco said. Hermione smiled and relaxed. Draco hadnt noticed how tensed she was.

"Thank you." She murmured.The rest of the walked was filled with silence.When Draco finally go to the cell door, he tried to take his shirt away from Hermione, who still had it balled up between her hands.

"Can I keep it?" Hermione asked, She had the shirt to her face. The only thing that wasnt coverd by his black shirt were her begging eyes.

"Um . . .If you want to."Draco said. Why would she want his shirt?Draco desided not to think about it too hard until he was alone. Draco set Hermione down in the back of the cellar.

"Just make sure no one sees the shirt okay?" Draco asked. Hermione nodded. The shirt still pressed to her nose. "Goodnight Hermione." Draco said as he walked out of the cell.