chapter 1

The warm sunlight filters in through the window, falling graciously on the Ghost and God tangled together on the bed. Xie Lian's back is pressing against Hua Cheng's chest while his arm is wrapped around the god's waist. They are fast asleep after the intense...activities of last night.

After Hua Cheng and Xie lian finally reunited two years ago following the event where Hua Cheng dispersed into thousands of silver butterflies. They are near in-separatable, one is always found beside the other.

The two habitually spend their time helping in the fields at Puqi village or at ghost city. Xie lian still goes to the heavenly court when he's needed which usually leads to Hua Cheng getting all pouty and upset as well as starting his rant on how his Gege is a thousand times better than those low life trashes in the heavens.

This always ends up with the ghost king getting silenced with kisses and both laughing before Xie lian can go to the heavenly court.

Xie lian is startled awake by the voice of ling wen in his communication array. Still drowsy from sleep, he tries to open his eyes and understand the words she's saying.

"Taizi dianzia you are late for the meeting...." This is all he understood out before his sleepiness quickly ran away.

They have an important meeting in the heavens today! How could he forget!?

He swiftly informs ling wen he would arrive as soon as he can before hurriedly sitting up and rubbing his eyes trying to chase rest of the sleepiness away. Though sitting up quickly wasn't a bright idea, it made his hips sting from pain, He really needs to talk to Hua Cheng about his seamlessly endless stamina.

After Jun Wu was defeated by Xie lian and Hua Cheng, the court was left without an emperor. The strongest one among the officials is the one who's generally the emperor. With Jun Wu defeated and gone, naturally Xie lian the one to defeat Jun Wu should next be the next emperor, right?

The officials had the same mind. But Xie lian kindly refused the offer. He didn't see himself as one who would be fit to rule others, he'd rather wait atop Mt. Taicang waiting for his San lang than spend all his time helping rebuild the heavens.

After rather prolonged discussions, Pei Ming was made to be the emperor for now at least, no matter how much the officials were concerned, his capabilities were one of the best the heavenly court had right now.

During Xie Lian's conversation with ling wen, Hua Cheng had woken up. Snuggling closer to his Gege, Hua Cheng daps his arm over Xie Lian's lap.

"Gege...sleep some more'' Hua Cheng says in a sluggish voice, as he turns his head to look at his beloved.

Xie lian even though just woken up looks ethereal as always. His face looks more softened by the sunlight pouring in through the window, his messy bed hair making Hua Cheng reach out his hand to cuddle it against Xie Lian's cheek. Waking up every day with his beloved snuggled beside him makes the ghost king feel like the luckiest person alive, or well dead.

Xie lian chuckles gingerly, "Good morning, San lang, I have to attend to the heavenly court today.''

Hua Cheng frowns and squeezes his highness's cheek, ''But Gege..."

Before he can say further, Xie lian frowns and silents him with a chaste kiss on his lips. ''San Lang,no. You are not threatening them to get me a vacation like last time''

And yes, that. One of Hua Cheng's favourite things to do – threatening the trash in the heavens. How dare those impudent bastards interrupt their 20th honeymoon!

Hearing that makes Hua Cheng put on a pout and oh, how Xie Lian's heart melts when he does that.

people would start dropping dead if they saw this scene, The strongest ghost king feared by gods, ghosts and humans alike pouting like a kid who's candy got taken away. Gratefully this sight is only reserved for the ghost's husband, his beloved, his God. A person he can be vulnerable around. Heck, he wouldn't mind if he got murdered by him.