18. Happy Birthday.

Start from the beginning

"Did you not want to dance with your father for your Debutante?" He suddenly asked and I looked at him.

"Why are you asking me this suddenly?"

"I thought with the way you loved him, you'd jump the first chance to ask him to be your escort." He said and I sighed.

"It's fine with him being with any of us. Athy or me doesn't matter." I said as I started writing a report.

"Why did you choose me though?"

"Who else should I have then?"

"Your knight?"

"Felix would die of tension." I said, "He's already scared of me."

"Did you do something to him?"

"Nope, most of the people are scared of Dad and since I look exactly like him and sometimes even behave like him so, they get scared of me too." I said as I kept writing.

"She will be there too, right?"

My hand stopped.

"You'll meet her." I nodded.

"She's not my headache for now, Anastacius will be there too." I said and Lucas frowned.

"You mean..." I nodded.

In the past years I'd told him every bit of information that I could recall which would happen in future and so, he seemed to be on edge too.

"He'll be disguised so, we could ignore him for now."

"You don't want me to kill him?"

"Not the Anastacius, I would want your help to get rid of Athernitas but with your current powers it'd be a very difficult task." He sighed loudly as I said that.

"I should have just killed that bastard back then. That bastard will even destroy my tower."

Of course, Lucas had his own grudge to settle with Athernitas now.

"Anyways, you should leave for now. I have a lot of things to finish before I could relax for this Debutante." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"I'll come see you again." He said as he teleported away while I kept working.

The nightmares that I had in all these years hadn't stopped it just went from bad to downright horrifying.

One of those dreams was included Anastacius who sat on the dead bodies of everyone I hold close to me. Felix, Lily, all the maids, Athy, Dad, Lucas...

It was as if the dreams were showing me what would happen if I fail now, one wrong step and everything would come crumbling down.

At night I just sat in my room unable to sleep, I stared at my mother's portrait for a while before I stared out of the window which was why when a person suddenly appeared I grabbed a sword at his throat on reflex.

"Geez, you're becoming even more troublesome." Lucas sighed and I frowned as I looked at him.

"I should be the one to say that."

I put the sword away and he stepped inside my room.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.