S19

ELLIEZ'S POV

It was never easy for me to ask something that I know it's so hard to do. I have waited for the perfect timing but it was never granted to me. The day when my eyes were open to witness the life I had, broke me. Through the years of expectations, rejections, achievements but most specially, the pretentious life I have to meddle with just to look brave and firm.

I never wanted to make someone's life miserable and full of hatred. My goal in life is to bring happiness to the people I love and cared of. To be someone's shoulder in times of need and people who are in pain. Despite the reality I have in my life, I chose to hide my emotions and continue to be someone's wall. No one in this life knew who I really am, my feelings, my thoughts and the meaning of my actions, some dared to try but never succeeded. That is the real Elliez Ameery Duterte, the person who never thought of dangers and sorrows for others.

But today ... I failed to be that kind of person.

Facing the person in front of me hurts me so much. But what choice do I have, this is for my sake, for Kitty's, for Papa's and for her, my biological mother, Senator Maria Imelda Josefa Remedios Romualdez - Marcos, and the only thing I can do for her now is to hug her.

"I'm sorry. It's open to everyone that I despise Honeylet for ruining Mama and Papa's previous opportunity to be back with each other, but I don't want Kitty to go through what I have suffered for 15 years of my life. She was hurt when she learned that her parents had separated, she was hurt when she heard her father repeatedly saying "I love you" to the person on the end of the his phone line, and she was hurt by the idea that her father is dating a woman but not her mother. Even though I long for a complete family, I won't put Kitty's happiness at risk over mine. " and I released from the hug.

I do not mean to hurt you but I have to. I have to sacrifice you, even myself for my sister's well being.

" Please save Kitty from the hell of emotions I've once felt. Senator, I know I am asking too much but please? " I voiced out despite the unwanted feeling and the unwanted request I asked for her to do.

I walk away feeling all the heavy feelings the person might felt in this world. Walking away from her now hits different, walking away from her now is the hardest way I will do even I have done this to her many time. But this moment is different because I know she'll suffer for the choice she is about to make.

" I'm sorry! " I whispered in a thin air as I make my way back in the Palace trying not to shed even a tear.

Today, I made a decision that I know I will regret in the future. Well, I will cross that bridge when I get there, but for now?

" Smile Elliez, camera's are approaching " whispered by the person I knew will be there for me no matter what, even without words to share.

" Thanks, Ate " and smiled as if nothing broke inside of me, my heart.

" San ka ba galing? Papa's looking for you " and stretched her arms guiding me to where Papa is.

I just looked at her then smiled and raised my right eyebrow. Walking towards Papa feels so uneasy, I know he'll ask me again something I just almost did. Gusshh.

" Oh! Here you are. " Papa uttered and introduced me to some of his friends I just met.

" Ang galing mag salita ng anak mo Rody, nagmana sayo, matalino " one of his colleague commented.

" Ay! Kanino pa ba magmamana yan? Lahat ng anak ko nagmana sakin HAHA" he rebutted and laughed with them.

I was left muted and just smiled towards them. As I was just listening to them I saw Senator Marcos paved her way entering the hall and about to enter to another door. Papa saw her too and was about to followed her but I held his hand.