14. Recovering From Near Death Experience.

Start from the beginning

"You should be grateful that I stopped your Dad from killing these two anyways... Your dad really seems to care for you two, huh?"

I felt Lucas' fingers over my head as he continued speaking, "He tried to slay these things the moment he heard that these were the reason why you two were dying. It would actually have been more dangerous if he had. Since all the mana these Beasts were holding would have flowed back into you two."

"Then, have Raven and Snow been avoiding us because they thought it would be dangerous for us if we were together?" Athy asked.

"No? How do you expect them to be that smart? Well, I can't be sure of her Beast though, it's somewhat like her but yours is like the normal one. It follows your tendencies. Like how you and Raven go crazy over chocolate. And how this one likes to be quiet and just observe, like that." I cracked my eye open to see him pointing at Snow who was curled up on the table with his eyes on us.

" I cracked my eye open to see him pointing at Snow who was curled up on the table with his eyes on us

"You actually want to run away from here, don't you?" Lucas asked Athy and she flinched.

"You want to hide where no one can find you and you want to escape from the palace."

"N-No way. What are you talking ab..."

"And you hate me, right? You want me to get out of your sight this instant and you want to never see me again, right?"

I feel Lucas move slightly and I hear the squealing sounds.

"See? This thing squirms uncontrollably every time I touch it, because of you." He said.

"It's only natural for Raven to be scared of you, since you keep talking about wanting to eat him." Athy cried and Lucas hissed jerking slightly making me open my eyes watching him shake his hand.

"And that's what your sister's tendency is..." He said as he looked at his fingers.

"It couldn't see you upset or in danger so, it does this kind of thing." He pointed and I looked at Snow who was now standing on the table snarling at Lucas with Athy and Raven behind him.

"It will step up even if it knows it's weak and could die easily." Lucas reached out hesitantly and picked up Snow who surprisingly was calm when he touched him.

"See? Even if I said I would eat it, this one is calm now. The only time it hates me is when I make you upset." He said and Snow wiggled and jumped down, running away from him towards Athy and Raven.

"Back to your side again." He sighed again playing with my hair and I took his hand healing his bleeding fingers making him smile before looking at my Beast.

"It's calculative and observant something the normal Holy Beasts aren't. That only means one thing..."

I frowned slightly as he looked at me with glowing eyes.

"It's has been around for a longer time than your Beast," he looked at Athy making her and Raven flinch while Snow calmly stared at us.

"It knows how to look after itself and had been protecting your Beast since it appeared."