Chapter 11 // News

Start from the beginning

"Which is why I'll be training him in my free time and after school hours," Aizawa explained.

"So..." you trailed off, still waiting for some kind of definite answer.

"He'll be in the hero course by his second year," Aizawa stated.

"Okay," you said, thinking to yourself. That wasn't too bad. You would still see him throughout the halls, and, next year, you'd be in the same class.

"What about the numbers?" you asked. "Both classes are maxed to twenty kids. Won't adding a student to one of the mess up the scale."

"We thought about that," Nezu began, "and we considered removing students, but we ultimately decided that everyone who's in the hero course this year deserves to be there, so I've taken it upon myself to increase the max number of students to twenty-five per class. That way, we can accept more next year and, if we need to, more can be transferred this year, but, for now, one class will have twenty-one, which ever one you choose to transfer to."

You thought for a moment before asking, "Bakugo is in Class 1-A, right?"

"Yes," Aizawa said, not even trying to hide the slight smile that appeared on his face.

"Then I'll go to Class 1-A," you stated, and Nezu nodded, writing down the information on a blank piece of paper, "but don't think this is because I have some middle school crush on him," you added quickly. "It's fun irritating him. That's all."

"Don't anger him too much," Aizawa replied. "He's already got enough of that."

'That's the truest statement I've ever heard in my life,' you thought as Nezu cleared his throat while lifting his head to look at you.

"Please submit a rough draft of your hero costume within the next few days, and I'll send it to the support department and have it made," Nezu said. "Hopefully, you'll be transferred by Friday or, at the latest, Monday. You may return to class now."

With no need to stay any longer, you stood up and left, many thoughts swirling through your brain. The most evident one: you couldn't wait to see the look on Bakugo's face when you walked into Class 1-A.

¥¥¥

"How about flats?"

"You have a terrible fashion sense."

Shinso rolled his eyes at your response and returned to reading whatever was displayed on his phone.

You had been trying to make something visually appealing for your hero costume ever since you got home, and, of course, Shinso wasn't much help.

"Come on, I gotta have this turned in soon," you whined. "Help me out. I'm not the most creative person."

Shinso sighed, craning his head back before saying, "I don't know, [Y/N]. Look up references or something."

You spun around in your desk chair, narrowing your eyes at Shinso as you ignored his statement and asked, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," Shinso replied, lowering his head to look at you.

"Yes, there is," you argued, setting down the pencil in your hand. "You did the sigh and the head thingy. What's wrong?"

Shinso shook his head in disagreement before looking back at his phone, and you quickly realized that the problem was obvious.

"Is this because I'm being transferred?" you questioned, and Shinso glanced at you through strands of fallen purple hair.

"No," he muttered, and you glared at him in a similar way that a mother would glare at her child for touching something they weren't supposed to.

"Maybe," he corrected himself.

"Toshi," you sighed, shaking your head as you stood up and walked over to your bed, which is where the boy was sitting. "We talked about this already. Nothing's gonna change just because I'm in the hero course now."

"Everything's changing," he replied as he set his phone down. "We're not gonna be in the same class, and you're gonna get so wrapped up all that stupid hero drama that you're not gonna need me anymore."

"Hitoshi Shinso," you said sternly, and Shinso visibly paled at the sound of you using his full name. "You will forever and always be my best friend, and, besides," you paused, laying down and resting your head in the boys lap, "you're gonna be wrapped up in all that stupid hero drama next year too." Shinso managed a small smile as you reached up and brushed his loose hair out of his face.

"That's next year though," he said.

"Toshi," you laughed. "You live across the street."

"That's different," he claimed, almost whining. "You'll be so busy prancing around school with all those hero geeks and Bakugo-"

"Oh," you interrupted, abruptly sitting up as Shinso finally realized what he said. "This is about Bakugo," you stated, and Shinso shook his head in objection.

"No, no, it's not," he rushed out.

"Yes, it is!" you exclaimed, laughing as you playfully hit his shoulder. "You're totally jealous."

"I'm not," Shinso denied, but you kept rambling.

"You're so worried that Bakugo's gonna steal me away from you, and we're gonna get so caught up in trying to show each other up that I'm gonna forget about you," you said. "Am I right?"

Shinso looked away, mumbling, "partially."

"Well," you began, placing your head in his lap once again. "I'm still gonna sit at lunch with you, and we're still gonna walk to class together. Well, more like walk each other to class, and we can take turns being late. How does that sound?"

Shinso looked down at you, and he smirked slightly, saying, "sounds mediocre."

"Well, we're the mediocre kids," you said, jumping up from bed and grabbing Shinso's forearm. You then began to drag him toward your desk, despite his protests, before forcing him to sit in your leather desk chair while you sat on the arm of it. "Now help my brain-dead ass," you added, handing him a pencil, "or else I will show up to training in pajamas."

Shinso shook his head at your statement, yet he still smiled as he took the writing utensil and began helping you design your costume.

[EDITED]