You've Been Unfriended

Start from the beginning

"That's a really pretty costume, hunny." Mommy said finishing the braids. I responded a thank you before Abby called me up there.

"I want to see you perform this solo how you did in rehearsals. If you do that, you'll blow this competition out of the water. Make sure you use facial expressions and your technique is above excellent." Abby said encouraging me. Abby and Kelly started arguing after Abby said something about the duet. We finally went backstage to get ready for the three solos, and duet. First up, Maddie.

"This is Maddie with 'You Don't Know Me'." Maddie stepped out there and she did amazing. It was something new than she usually gotten, darker, and clean overall. Maddie got done and I got ready to go onstage. Two people were before me, so I ran the dance in my head over and over again.

"Please welcome to the stage 'Serenity', Melody." I walked out and I heard Mommy cheering my name.

I thought I performed to my best ability, and hopefully it was like how it was in the studio. Whenever walking off, I did see Abby looked pleased, so that gave me a little bit of hope. Now it's time for Brooke.

"All right, we're moving back into the teen solo division... This is entry number 38, Brooke, with 'Careless'." Brooke yelled out and we all cheered for her. I thought her solo was good and it fit her with good amount of lyrical and acro. Even though it was a dig for her about not caring, she did amazing. Once she got offstage I immediately pulled her into a hug.

"Good job, Brookie!" I said hugging her. Only thing left is the duet.

"All right, up next, in the junior duet-trio division, this is entry number 18, Nia and Paige, with 'The Wild Child and the Wallflower'." The announcer said. Even though the two girls don't always have the best technique, they always know how to be performers.

~

We got back to the dressing room and Abby congratulated us. Abby ended up giving us all a hug, that means we all did super well.

"Melody, you did so good, I'm so proud of you." Mommy hugged me. I just giggled in response. We got ready for the group dance and Abby kept her word. We are putting actual money on the costumes. Yikes. We got our money on our costumes and we go backstage, again.

"All right, coming to the stage, next, in the junior small group division, this is entry number 23 entitled 'Money is the Root of All Evil'." The announcer said and we walked out. I thought we did good, it's unique to what we usually do. Let's just hope we win!

~

"We are ready to begin our visional overalls. We are going to start off in elite junior duet/trio. Starting off with fifth place with a score of 262.1 points is act number 15, 'Viva La Swing.' Fourth place, with a score of 263.3 points, is act number 18, 'The Wild Child and the Wallflower.'" The announcer said and Nia got the award.

~

"Moving now to our elite mini solos... Second place, with a score of 278, Sophia with 'Angel'. Give it up for our top elite mini soloist... Melody, 'Serenity', act number 15, with a score of 286." I went up and got my award. I am so proud of myself. I'm on a winning streak this season! I think, I'm beginning to get my own name from Maddie and Mackenzie's little sister. I started smiling and I bowed.

~

"Moving to teen solos. In sixth place, with a score of 280.7 points, is Miss Samantha act number 31. Fifth place, with a score of 283.4 points, is Miss Brooke with act number 38, 'Careless'." The announcer said and Brooke got her award. There must have been some really good girls in her age division.

~

"Ladies and gentlemen, your second-runner up, for our elite junior solos, is Miss Megan with act number 11, 'Somebody'. Your runner-up from our elite junior solos, with a score of 286.4 points, Mister Lucas, with act number 13, 'Prison of Decision'. Ladies and gentlemen, your highest elite junior soloist, with a score of 291.5 points, is Miss Maddie with act number 12, 'You Don't Know Me'." The announcer said while Maddie got her award. Time for group awards!

~

"Moving now into our elite junior small groups. This was a very difficult job these judges had. Third place is act number 21, 'Electric Barbarellas'. You runner-up for your elite junior small group competition, act number 20, 'Respect'. And last but not least, your highest junior elite small group, act number 23, 'Money is the Root of All Evil'. Ladies and gentlemen, your highest scoring elite junior small group. Name your studio." The announcer instructed.

"Abby Lee Dance Company!" We all yelled while hugging each other.

~

We go back to the dressing room where Abby congratulated us again. The tension from Christi and Kelly was still evident though. Abby was about to leave, but she threw money in the air and we all tried to fight over it. Even though the two left the room to argue, we could still hear them. So much for being private.