13. My First Ride.

Start from the beginning

"Get away." I hissed at it and it got scared and stepped back.

I absorbed the black mana till my limit and then fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up feeling something warm on both my sides, I could see Dad's face in front of me so, what was at my back?

I turned my head to see Snow curled behind me. The cub seemed to have a complex disposition, it was quite different if compared to Raven. First of all, I didn't know that there were any Mana Beasts who resembled a tiger, it was loke something as I was for the story. A mystery.

A few days passed and Snow went behind me everywhere, I had taken pity on him and let him follow me at times I'd even entertained him and fed him but he still ended up sleeping beside me at nights when I was with Dad.

Athy didn't once come to see Dad in these few days as she was busy spending all her time with Raven. I stopped her everytime but she just said she wouldn't be with him for a long time but did just that.

"Princess Athanasia, it's high time you should go and greet, His Majesty." Felix reminded her and the next day I and Athy stood before Dad.

She was dressed in a pink dress while I wore a deep blue one, for some reason my chest was feeling a little tight and I was feeling tired. Did I catch cold or something?

Athy went to her cute character acting.

"Hehehe, Daddy, I missed you."

"Like hell you did." I commented in her head but she ignored me.

Dad didn't say anything as he simply looked at Athy, well, he hadn't seen her in a few days while I was frequenting him.

"Your Majesty, the weather's nice today. How about going for a walk outside?" Felix suggested while Athy looked at Dad's throne.

This girl and her obsession for gold, I swear.

"A walk, that doesn't sound so bad." Dad said and I breathed deeply.

Today was the day that Athy would end up having the mana explosion and probably even me because despite everything I had been allowing Snow near me and even absorbing the black mana from Dad. If that wasn't enough I hadn't come around Lucas in these few days. God knows where that idiot was!

Suddenly I felt like something pluck me from the back of my dress and I doubled over feeling the tightness in my chest grow.

"Your Majesty, if you gra... hold them like that it may cause the Princesses discomfort."

"She just needs to sit there and hold still. What part of that's uncomfortable?" Dad said while I was struggling to get down.

"Rather than that, you should carry her like this." Felix carried Athy in his arms and she held onto him.

"I... I can't breath!" I grunted as I struggled to breath properly.

"Here, please try holding her like I did now."

I was pulled up from the deathly position and suddenly I felt as I could breath as Dad held me against his chest. I rested my head on his shoulder as I gripped his robe in my fingers.

I survived.

"I just want Felix to carry me!" Athy cried out not releasing Felix and I closed my eyes as I slowly relaxed myself.

I felt Dad's large hand on my back and I slowly tilted my head back to look at Athy and Felix. Felix looked quite happy that Athy chose him.

"Fine, you carry her, I'll carry her." Dad said and I frowned slightly.