Key of life

Rin (or your) POV

Sanzu 🩸💉

2:58 pm

|Sanzu 🩸💉

|Pink coffin huh?

Rin|

Congratulations you're on time ~|

|Sanzu 🩸💉

|Actually, I'm early

Rin|

By 2 minutes|

|Sanzu 🩸💉

|Still early, gorgeous

I roll my eyes at his response. How childish.

"RAN YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Rindou's voice returns my focus to my brothers as I watched the two bicker.

"Calm down Rinrin," the older says taking a step back.

"WHY WAS I FUCKING SLAPPED AGAIN BY SOME BITCH BECAUSE OF YOU AGAIN???!!!!!"

"She must've confused us since we're twins and all"

"WE LOOK NOTHING ALIKE!"

Time skip ~~~~ Three days later

"So tell me, why the fuck am I here?" I say in a pissed-off tone, eyeing the stupid detective.

"To have some fun?" He replied with an idiotic smile.

"IN A FUCKING POLICE STATION???" I respond unamused.

"A police office actually," the man utters only earning a glare from me.

"Yeah, why is a civilian here?" A brown-haired male questions as he plops himself down on an office chair.

"Well, first of all, she's not just any civilian. Second of all, I need her help. Or we need her help? Anyways, Chris meet Loki. And Loki meet Chris, our new hire." The detective says in excitement as he motions to us. I shoot him a glare as the man backs away.

"LOKI??! AS THE HACKER??" The brunette asks baffled.

"Yes! Surprise!" The latter responds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay Mori (Detective, head of investigation department sector 2)

Chris (Investigator/police, part of Jay's team)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brunette eyes Jay confused before looking at me.

"Hi?" He utters.

"Hello ~~", I respond playfully. 'At least Jay's new hires are somehow always eye candy,' I think to myself while eyeing the man up and down.

"So, we have a new case from the higher ups!" The stupid detective voiced.

"No, you do," I remark in which Jay eyed me with a wide grin. Shit.

"That's when your wrong beautiful. 1000000 Yen (7109.59 USD)!" He says grinning wider.

"Ohohoho ~~ I'm all ears now ~~ So what's the job?" I ask.

"There has been a series of murders where the targets have all been from the same private school, St. Belle academy. Reports show that all victims had strange unusual behavior before their death's almost like they were possessed. Victims bodies had a unique symbol engraved on their arms. The symbol resembled a key of some sorts." Jay says as he hands us the files.

"Ankh," I hum while looking at the symbol.

"An- what?" Chris asked confused while Jay pulls a chair over, plopping himself down next to me with eyes full of anticipation. I groan, "Your gonna make me explain everything, aren't you?" "Yup," he sings gesturing me to continue.

"This is an ancient Egyptian symbol called an Ankh or otherwise known as key of life," I explain.

"But what's that got to do with the murders?" The brunette questions, eyeing the symbol.

"I dunno?" I reply, flapping through the pages until my eyes land on the pictures of the crime scene.

"Whatcha doing?" Jay asked as he watched me place the photos in chronological order.

"Oh that's right, you see these weird lines." He says as he points to the pictures, "They were at every crime scene."

"What about the fifth murder? There's no lines?" Chris asks as he examines the last photo.

"That one had the lines written on a business card instead," Jay replies while pulling out the card from his desk.

Taking out a pen and paper, I draw down all the signs in chronological order. "Idiots," I mutter.

"What?" The detective looked at me puzzled.

"These aren't random lines dumbass, it's the Cistercian numerals." I reply.

"And those are?"

"It was a numbering system for ancient times, being a 'coded' language today. Divided into nine appendages to vertical stems, with each ones corresponding to units, tens, hundreds, and thousands. Eventually, the system was abandoned by the Cistercians in favor of the Arabic numerals."

"For the first murder the Cistercian numeral one was used and the second numeral for the second murder and so on

"For the first murder the Cistercian numeral one was used and the second numeral for the second murder and so on." I say.

"I'll get some deciphers to deal with the symbols and numbers while we head to the school. I got us free investigation passes," Jay smiles as he jumps up from his chair, pulling me out to his car.

Ankh and Cistercian numerals huh?

Seems like a new game is about to begin ~