mēre

110 AC, King's Landing

Power is an enticing force, one that can make or break kingdoms, empires, and even individuals.

In this world, power is the ultimate currency- one that is coveted and fought over incessantly by the great houses of Westeros. As the various Houses jostle for supremacy, the fate of the realm hangs in the balance.

At the heart of this struggle lies the Targaryen dynasty, who have long stood as one of the most powerful houses in all of Westeros. With their dragons, their Valyrian blood and their armies, they seem almost invincible, capable of bending others to their will and imposing their rule upon the land. And yet, as we have seen in the past, even they are not immune to the caprices of power.

As the sun rises over King's Landing, a new day dawns for the Targaryens, one fraught with tension, intrigue , and the ever-present threat of betrayal.

Daella Targaryen had been gone for six and ten years, just like that.

Some said she had escaped to Essos with a lover. Some said she had been kidnapped by pirates and sold into slavery.

Her own family believed she was dead, and her dragon.. nowhere to be found and thought to be forever lost.

But Daella had never been one for the expected path. She was intelligent, ambitious and cunning, and there was a reason she had fled Westeros when she was only four and ten. The girl had sensed the thirst for power in the air. A thirst that had only grown over time.

The Targaryen princess stood on the deck of the ship as it approached the shores of Westeros, draped in a black cloak that concealed her distinctive Valyrian features.

"What's your name girl?" Daella turns to see one of the men working on the ship standing behind her eyeing her warily.

"Why do you need to know?"

"Just curious. You seem like you're hiding something." the man says .

"And what if I am?" Daella replies.

Her answer pushes the man to get more and more suspicious. Taking a step and caging Daella between himself and the railing of the ship his face mere inches from hers.

"You a whore? or perhaps some pretty little maiden runnin' away from home 'cause her daddy wants 'er to marry some lord." the man chuckles. "I could use a good fuck either way".

"Oh, really? That does not sound much fun, but I do have a better idea" Daella says removing her cloak revealing her braided silver-white hair making the man's eyes widen.

"Fuck. You're one of those Tar- Targaryen folks the ones with the Dragons. If I would sell you to some pleasure house, I could drown in gold until my last breath ."

Daella hums, suddenly kicking the man in the shin causing him to stumble back, removing her cloak completely after making sure no one was near them revealing a valyrian steel dagger, one gifted to her by her grandmother the late queen Alysanne for her ninth name day. Daella looks at the man smiling maniacally. "This is going to be much more fun than your good fuck orvorta 'cunt '.

The Targaryen princess takes a step forward towards the man pointing the dagger at him causing him to take a step back. "You pathetic whore, I will fuck you bloody you dumb cunt" he says launching at an unfazed Daella only to be held back by two cloaked figures.

Daella chuckles approaching the struggling man who kept trying with all his might to free himself. "Oh come on, where's the fun in that kēlītsos 'kitten'. Now, any last words?" she says unsheathing her dagger.

The struggling man nervous and afraid looks at the woman with his eyes full of betrayal as if they knew each other, before spitting pathetically "FUCK YOU!"

"THOSE ARE YOUR LAST WORDS? FUCK YOU?! COME ON YOU CAN DO BETTER." replies one of the cloaked figures.

"CUNTS" the man shouts pathetically.

"You're SHIT at dying you know that?" says the other cloaked figure before Daella slits the man's throat and watches as he chokes on his own blood, gasping for air.

Daella then looks at the two people standing in front of her raising a perfectly arched eyebrow in amusement.

"I thank you for your help but I did not need it. You two could have been seriously hurt because of this pervert." she scolds.

"How?" one of the two asks.

"Somehow."

"Mother!!! We are not children anymore. Dae and I are almost six and ten. And YOU have been training us in combat since we were but children." one of them whines, only for the other to reply ,

"UGH!! STOP WHiNING DAENERYS!"

"STOP BEING FATHERLESS DAERON! OH WAIT YOU CAN'T"

"YOU IDIOT, WE ARE TWINS IF I AM FATHERLESS THEN SO ARE YOU!"

"WE ARE NOT TWINS YOU DUMB ARSE, MOTHER FOUND YOU FLOATING ACROSS THE BLACKWATER BAY WITH ALL THE SHIT FROM FLEA BOTTOM. SO HERE YOU ARE SIX AND TEN YEARS LATER ONLY JUST FINDING OUT THAT YOU NOT ONLY FATHERLESS BUT ADOPTED ."

"WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP, I LOOK MORE LIKE MOTHER THEN YOU COULD EVER, MAYHAPS YOU ARE THE FLOATING LIKE SHIT CHILD."

"ENOUGH! Now, Dany go take a bath you stink the 'smoking' herbs which you tried to smoke and failed resulting in me being able to perfectly hear you trying to hide your cough and you are terrible at being discreet, and Dae stop annoying your sister." Daella says chuckling.

"BUT-"

"NO buts we are getting closer to shore every moment , we have lots of things to do ñuha zaldrīzoti 'my dragons' .

"I forgot to ask, what will we be doing first?" asks Daeron.

"Oh, nothing difficult . Only murdering the Queen."

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I am thrilled to share with you the first chapter of my very first fanfiction. Before you dive into the first chapter of my fanfiction, I wanted to take a moment to express my excitement and gratitude for the opportunity to share my passion with you. As a first-time author, I apologize if there are any mistakes or imperfections in my writing. I am learning and growing in my craft, and I appreciate your patience and understanding as I explore this new world. I am eager to learn from your feedback and improve my skills as I continue to share my stories with you. Thank you for joining me on this journey, and I hope you enjoy this first chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.