The Saiyan and Tohka

Mulai dari awal

Reine was the best analyst of <Ratatoskr>. Using specialized realizers, she could grasp the intricacies of someone's emotions, not to mention their hidden powers and traits, through the distribution of temperature and the measurement of brain waves.

-Even someone like Kotori couldn't hide from her scrutinizing gaze. Kotori let out an audible sigh.

"Well, the moment I entrusted my brother to you, I knew something like this would happen~"

"...Ahh, sorry, but I've analyzed him to some extent. It felt strange to involve an ordinary person in this strategy without a solid reason."

"Mm, I don't really mind~ Eventually, it'll probably become something that everyone knows anyway~"

As the door opened and the waitress welcomed new customers, Kotori shrugged.

She picked up the straw stuck into her cup and sucked up the remaining blueberry juice in one breath.

Then-"Puufghfghghhfgh!?"

As Kotori saw the couple who had just entered the store sit down in the booth behind Reine, the force of her sucked-in juice burst out of her mouth.

Somehow it seemed that the couple didn't notice, but Reine, sitting in front of Kotori, wasn't spared from the impact. Uncovered, she became drenched. Well, basically, she was soaking wet.

"Sorry, Reine..."

"...Nn."

Quietly, Kotori apologized, and as if nothing had happened, Reine took out a handkerchief from her pocket and wiped her face.

"...What's wrong, Kotori?"

"Mmm... I thought I saw something unscientific or maybe unrealistic."

"...What was it?"

Responding to Reine's question, Kotori silently pointed behind Reine. "...?"

Reine turned her head around-and suddenly stopped moving.

A few seconds later, her head slowly rotated back to its original position as she brought her apple tea to her mouth.

Then, pfffft, she blew tea towards Kotori. "...That was too surprising."

Maybe that was Reine's way of showing her agitation.

But that was to be expected. After all, behind Reine, Kotori's brother, Itsuka Goku, was sitting together with a girl.

That was not all. The said girl was the one whom Kotori's group had called a calamity, a Spirit.

"Ehhhh... what's going on."

Kotori wiped her face with the handkerchief that Reine had passed her as she asked in a lowered voice.

By the way, Reine's handkerchief had an image of a bear printed right in the middle. Due to the stains from the blueberry juice and apple tea, it took on a Kikaider-like appearance.

She searched in her pockets and looked at her cellphone. There were no messages from <Ratatoskr>. That meant they hadn't noticed any disturbance from when the Spirit appeared.

But that was undoubtedly the Spirit, Tohka. There was no way there could be many girls that beautiful.

"Is there a way for Spirits to appear without us noticing?" ".. What's the chance that it's just a look-alike?"

Kotori pondered Reine's words for a moment, but she immediately shook her head.

"If that were the case, then Onii-Chan would be going out with a normal girl, despite his lack of experience with them. So if you ask me whether that or a Spirit silently appearing is more likely... then by a narrow margin, it would be the latter."