11. I'm Called What?!

Start from the beginning

I'd told Lucas about Athy but never got a chance to introduce them.

***

Since I didn't have anything to do for whole day after my morning training, I stayed over at Dad's place helping him with work and he was quite comfortable around me letting me be as I would like. He'd even allowed me to wear shirts and trousers since I had told him I wished to learn sword fighting. Neither I, nor Felix told him that I'd been taking lessons since 2 years yet, Dad had agreed making me hug him.

Well, that was the first time I'd happily hugged him. He'd grown stiff at first but then he relaxed.

Today, like everyday I was in Dad's room, I had a habit of bringing some important papers with me to read them as we had tea.

"You told me not to overwork myself and you're doing the same thing these days." Dad said as he sipped tea while I sat back waiting for my hot tea to cool down a little.

Pardon me, who gives me this work to begin with?

"If I don't finish this now then we'll have extra load tomorrow." I said.

"You're sounding more and more like adults these days."

"I'll be turning 34 soon." I muttered to myself.

"I shouldn't let you spend your free time with Felix, you're starting to spout nonsense too."

He always takes it as a joke.

By the way, Felix was still our "temporary" personal guard.

"This seems fine, just we'll need to check the figures again." I said placing the papers on another table close to me and picked up my cup of tea.

It was refreshing to drink tea with my handsome Dad as my view. In these few days, I'd taken up sketching as a hobby and gifted Dad a few more exclusive candid sketches of him looking absolutely attractive while just zoning out.

I'd also sketched a lot of Athy's portraits some of which were with Dad as well, as for mine then he had only three of them.

After the first one he'd asked me to focus and draw myself better, I'd tried, for the first attempt I had once again taken up Dad's details but then I sat in front of the mirror and after a good observation I sketched myself again. It seemed quite strange to look at myself like that but it wasn't as bad.

And since I was used to sleeping in Dad's room as well, it gave me a perfect view of the pictures I and Athy had drawn being stuck at his head rest with a preservation spell on them. I found it really cute, I didn't bring it up before Dad because I knew he'd be embarrassed to admit his feelings. I let him be, because this aspect was shared by both of us.

I was also taking up Dad's habits as I kept zoning out, my expressions would rarely change but most of all, my gaze had been upgraded to match his level of iciness.

In these two years there's also some difference happened in me and Athy physically. I'd grown taller and more lithe while Athy was still cute and had become more adorable.

"What are you thinking about?" Dad asked and I looked at him.

"Hm?"

"You were smiling." He said.

I was?

"I was thinking about Athy." I admitted.

"She comes and goes around as she pleases these days."

"She's livelier now."

"She's noisy." I chuckled at that.

"I won't deny that, but you still like her a lot."