9. I Became An Aide For The Emperor.

Comenzar desde el principio

I smiled down at the small stack yet, I knew, the use of some psychological tactics might help to tap into his emotions.

I checked the papers, still sitting on Dad's lap as he kept writing without making me sense any discomfort giving me enough space to read.

I found a little mistakes with regarding the taxes of some regions.

"There was drought for two years straight in this region, yet they are collecting such a huge amount of tax?" I wondered aloud.

"What?"

I showed him the paper and he checked the figures before writing something, I recalled the threat he'd written on the trade proposal the other day and chuckled to myself.

"What's so funny?" I shook my head and started reading the other documents.

Suddenly he lifted the papers from my hands and I looked up at him as he also lifted me up before standing up himself. He placed me down on his chair as he walked around the table.

"What's wrong?" I asked but he didn't reply.

He pulled a chair from the other side and placed it beside his then looked at me, well, with my height he could only see my head and eyes above the desk. He walked over to the sofa collected three cushions and stacked them on the chair.

"What are yo–"

Before I could complete my question he lifted me from the chair and placed me on the stacked up cushions, I wobbled a little but he kept his hand on my back steadying me. Was it just me or was he getting comfortable around me since I used to sleep around him?

He removed the large stack in front of me and placed the small pile of papers which I was reviewing in front of me and then placed the royal seal close by.

"Stamp wherever necessary and if there are any mistakes tell me."

I became an Aide for the Emperor. That's the highest post I'd earned.

I did as he told.

In these past few days I'd done the same as he was quite casual with me using the royal seal.

I had a feeling that in future he might even think of making me his successor but I'd refuse. It sounded too complicated and tiresome. I could rather be of help to Athy since she was studying hard, I was just doing some reviewing and stamping.

After working with Dad for a while Athy was called for lunch with us, she stuck to my side as soon as she arrived and I wondered just how we looked together in Dad's eyes. Like day and night? Or sun and moon?

We had the quiet meal with Athy acting cute which seemed to come naturally now while I was silent or rather absentminded. I was starting to zone out a lot these days.

The books about the ancient magic I had asked about Dad didn't have any information about how to deal with black magic. I should've thought about that before, Black Magic was considered a crime in the kingdom and every text and paper about it was either destroyed or hidden.

This made things even harder and the only person who would know about it would be Lucas but since we had just met he wouldn't willingly give me any information if I didn't have anything that would be beneficial for him.

Was that guy really this big of a pain?

I guess I was too busy admiring his beauty to realize about his personality. Stupid 200 year old wizard with silky hair and shiny eyes!

"Are you even listening, Ara?!" I blinked back to reality and looked at Athy who was beside me.

"Uh, sorry, what?"